Chapter 1

Queen Sypha stood in her lingerie staring at the assortment of dresses displayed in front of her by the maids. None were worthy of the ball she would be attending tomorrow evening to celebrate her close friend Queen Yara and her husband, King Young, on the birth of their son.

Her sister Misaki and cousin Astrid Lee sat on the couches of the room watching as Sypha tried on different dresses that never seemed to be the one. Sypha wanted their opinions on attire being that Astrid worked in high fashion and luxury, and both women loved fashion. So far nothing had spoken to the young queen.

The two women had a feeling however that it was more than just a dress she was looking for. Over the last two months problems within the country had been arising. Kidnapping, stealing, and destruction of several properties are just some things that have been going on. Many of the people were angry, confused, and frightened which then shifted the blame on the young queen.

Many people questioned her ruling and authority which in turn angered her. She was trying her best to get to the source of the problem and deployed more soldiers to monitor the city but these people destroying it were very smart and fast. Sypha hasn't been out since all of the problems arising so finding the dress for the 100-day celebration for the baby was the perfect way to come back out and say she is capable and strong.

"My Queen," Sasha, head of the royal guard, announced from the doorway with a loud knock, "Permission to enter?"

"Permission granted, you may enter," Sypha spoke softly as one of the maids brought out another dress.

Taking a quick glance, Sypha waved it off making her return to the closet in the other room. Another maid slips on her silk robe quickly before Sasha waltzes into the room. Walking to Queen Sypha's figure, he bowed slightly before handing out a large black bag that held clothing and unzipped it. Misaki and Astrid's eyes took in the beautiful soft blue color of the dress and envisioned how the drape/shape would appear on her silhouette. This was it.

"Thank you, Sasha," Sypha murmured softly looking at the fabric.

Cecilia, the high maid, quickly grasped the bag from Sasha taking it to a safer area to store. Sasha and Sypha both nod in thanks before an anxious look covers his features.

"My Queen, there has also been a bit of an incident."

Raising an eyebrow, Sypha' eyes lock to Shang, her personal guard, at the doorway before setting back in Sasha.

"What has happened?"

"It will be easier to show, my Queen."

Sypha looked to her sister and cousin before back at Sasha. Nodding her head in agreement, she slipped on her sandals leaving the room escorted by Shang. The two were hot on Sasha's trail as he led them towards the west wing of the castle heading straight for the infirmary. Sypha kept a neutral expression on her face as a tight feeling settled in her stomach.

She wasn't sure what she was going to see or even to expect but going to the infirmary was not a good sign. She hoped her brother, Makoto, wasn't in there for something stupid. She has had to see him in there one too many times, she hoped this wasn't anything serious. Sasha pounded his fist on the door of the infirmary announcing the arrival of the Queen and Shang.

The door swung open, and two guards quickly bowed to the Queen before stepping aside letting the group in. Sasha led them over to where the doctor stood with his clipboard standing in front of a large bed. The curtain covered the man from their eyes as they walked closer. As the queen finally made it to the front of the bed beside the doctor, she couldn't help but gasp. Shang flinched beside her as they took in the beaten, bruised stranger.