I held her hand softly and squeezed it gently.

"You both are going to enter in a new phase of your life which is a happy event. Just remember my one piece of advice. Don't give your heart too early in the beginning of your relationship without knowing your other half," She told us, softly with a smile.

"Don't compromise too much one-sidedly and never wait too long like me, expecting my husband to return those feelings back," She added.

I didn't know the real story of what happened to her but she was hurt by her husband so badly that she never moved on.

"Saim may be my grandson to take sides with but he is truly sincere with you then take a further step in your relationship otherwise don't hesitate to walk out... Just.. don't be like me. Don't be Zunaira part 2."

"Have you ever really forgiven him, your husband?" Anmol asked her.

"Be honest, in the beginning no. But later I did after moving on from my feelings. Now I just.. don't care."

A chuckle escaped from Ammi's lips.

"But he returned my feelings and yet he... left me...," I said, looking down at our hands.

The person, he, in my conservation was none other than Shaizum.

"I pray you both girls get what I never had after marriage," Ammi blessed us with her blessing.

"Ladies, may I have your attention please," Mohsin's excited voice took our attention.

We all looked at him who was standing at the patio's door. Everyone stopped singing, giving their full attention to him.

"I have a very special surprise for you," He told everyone in a loud voice.

He stepped aside from the patio's door, revealing Saim standing there. I froze as he stepped in the backyard and greeted everyone. His eyes caught mine, giving me his polite smile. I looked away from him while trying to calm my nervous restless heart.

He looked so tired but happy at the same time. Till now he never showed resentment for our marriage. But still, my heart wasn't fully ready to move on for real.

Next week was our wedding and every preparation was completed.

Anmol gave up her seat and joined Laraib who was sitting in the middle with dholki (drum). After greeting everyone, Saim came to greet Ammi. I scooted towards Anmol's seat, giving him my seat beside Ammi.

"How are you, Mehrun?" He asked me in a small voice after talking to Ammi.

"Good and you?" I answered him in the same level of small voice.

"Me too but a little bit tired too," He replied back.

Everyone around us noticed our small movements with knowing smiles which made me embarrassed but thankfully no one came to tease us openly, giving us some space.

We didn't speak further, just sat in silence, looking at everyone enjoying the small function.

• • •