I closed my eyes again when I felt my voice shivered from emotions.

.........

"Mehrun, I know it will be a lot difficult for you to accept all this so suddenly. But I'm always here to wait for you. You have my words."

I opened my eyes slowly after hearing him and felt something in my heart.

"I have promised you before and I'll promise you again. I'll never leave your hand after holding it."

The heart which was restless and terrified calmed down.

.........

But deep inside I was still feeling insecure. There was this feeling since Shaizum left me that everyone would also leave me like him, including Saim too.

"But I can't reciprocate your feelings... What if you..."

You regret it and leave me like him?

I wanted to continue and asked this but I swallowed these words remembering his promise.

.........

"I know what I am doing, Mehrun... Wait for me," He told me, softly.

.........

I hummed and just like our everyday conservation, we both fell into silence, sharing nothing but comfortable and peaceful silence.

Once my heart was completely calmed, I told him quietly before hanging up.

"I'll wait for you."

.........

Everyone was so finally happy, dad was happy with our marriage and the real smile on mom's face also returned.

I didn't want to ruin anything anymore because of my insecurities.

• • •

"Here is our songs book," Laraib waved the book in excitement.

She arranged a small gathering in my home, inviting only Anmol, my old friends who never left my side since Shaizum and my Phupho's family. My nano and Aani's family were also here.

I sat with them with a smile, showing I was also enjoying with them. They were all singing together while I was clapping with them.

Ammi, Saim's first grandmother, was sitting beside me on my right side with her elegant smile.

"Is there something on your mind?" She asked me which made me look away from her in embarrassment.

I shook my head, feeling my ears turning hot.

"Don't be embarrassed. Ask whatever is on your mind," She told me, softly, patting my hand.

I looked down at her wrinkled soft and fragile hand which was on my hand, showing a clear picture of how she was getting so old and fragile.

"Do you have any regrets in your life?" I asked her, quietly.

She looked at me with a smile then at Anmol who was on my left side. There was a smile on Ammi's face but her eyes were telling a slightly different story.

"Hmm. I regret giving my heart and love so easily in the early stage of my marriage, without knowing if he really loves me or not," She whispered.

There were no emotions in her voice, just calmness but I felt all the hidden emotions in her. She might look calm but deep inside she was angry, betrayed and hurt.