“So, what?” Bucky asks, an incredulous look on his face as he then asks, “We just hand the kid right over to save our own asses? The same kid who belongs to the very two beings trying save our asses AND everybody else’s?” He scoffs out a laugh, muttering to himself in Xhosa, “Iqhawe elithile. [Some hero.]”

“I’m not saying we hand him over. What the fuck do you think I am?” Carol looks outraged.

The nerve, Sam thinks, turns to her and tells her, “We’re not using Dylan as a weapon.” Because after helping Bucky through his nightmares and traumas, he feels very strongly about that type of shit.

“You don’t think I know what it’s like to be used as a weapon?” Carol asks him, arches a brow.

Sam almost scoffs, doesn’t, manages to stay composed and polite, even as he tells her, “I think you don’t know what it’s like to be tortured and broken into becoming a weapon, yeah.”

Carol sighs, glances at Bucky, who merely stares blankly back at her. “I’m not saying we should force him, either.” She says, feet gently landing on the ground. She glances up towards the faint glowing bodies of the Celestials, tries to sound reasonable as she asks, “But don’t you think that locking away our one actual good chance at beating this asshole and his army isn’t exactly the best idea?”

“You’re right. I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Sam says, earning him a few scoffs and glares. He ignores them, holds great conviction in his tone as he tells her, “But it’s not up to us. We are heroes. What’s up to us is to save the day, even if it means giving up our lives. Now, Eddie and Venom are good friends of mine and a lot of other people here, they’re part of our team, and they’ve trusted us to keep their boys safe, no matter what, to treat them as we would treat any other person we’d try to save. You’re off Earth a lot, and that’s OK, but you’re not the one in charge around here. And we don’t put the weight of the world on the shoulders of little kids, no matter how powerful they are. We clear?”

Nat arches an impressed brow, Jen, Gamora and Rocket smirk, Yolena holds in a chuckle along with Jean and Toad, Bruce, Storm, Hank and Bucky all smile proudly (Bucky in particular), while Xavier, Jean, and the others all watch the universal Captain be put in her place by the more “down to Earth” Captain.

Carol sighs, but nods as she thinks of little Monica – not so little anymore... and not so much idolising her anymore... not that she blames her – as she says, “Yeah. We’re clear.”

“Cap, come in. They got Rhodey. Stupid bastard saved my idiot ass!” Comes Tony’s voice hissing through each of their ear pieces.

“They have my mom, too.” Billy says as he appears literally out of thin air. “They got my dad and Tommy, too, but it’s my mom we’ve gotta worry about. The symbiotes enhance the abilities of their hosts.”

“Uhhh, wh-what?” Kate, as usual when she’s feeling particularly nervous, barely fumbles her words out.

“Oh, great.” Bucky drawls. “As if one godlike enemy isn’t enough.”

“I’ve been trying to break into the hive mind, but with no luck. Yet.” Billy states with a determined look, one that’s almost as frightening as his mother’s – the Scarlet fricking Witch. “Mom was helping before they took Tommy. We were getting close, but Knull felt us and quickly shut us out.”

“And he’s almost here.” Peter chimes in as he suddenly appears, swooping down from the nearest building and landing gracefully in front of the group. “For some reason, neither he or the symbiotes seem to have any interest in me.”

Bucky scoffs. “Probably just means he’s got worse plans for you than the rest of us.”

Both Sam and Nat shoot Bucky a pointed glare when Peter gasps, his nanotech white eyes widening in horror at the thought.