Dance [P.1]

‘No!’

Eddie has to purse her lips to keep from bursting out laughing at the pure desperation in his tone. She has to wait for old lady next to her to finish grabbing up a couple of lemon muffins and leave before she finally grins amusedly to herself. “Stop bein’ dramatic. I wasn't gonna.” Eddie mutters, still grinning.

Venom scoffs, still glaring at the ice-cream through Eddie’s eyes. Don’t pretend you were going for the salad.’ Another scoff rings in her head, even louder than the last. ‘That’s almost just as bad anyway!’

Eddie can’t help snorting out a little laugh. She picks up one of the cucumber sticks, shoves it into her mouth before he can protest... too much.

‘I’m only letting you get away with that, because cucumber is practically water...’ Venom grumbles, then childishly huffs out, And because your boyfriend is walking over to us right now.’ And this time, when Venom’s eyes only seep up onto the surface of her skin and he peeks out right above of her collar bone, she doesn’t tell him off for it. Maybe it’s because she’s distracted by her boyfriend!

Eddie glances up to see Patrick making his way over to her. ‘He’s not my boyfriend.’ She chuckles lightly upon hearing his adorable grumbling again. ‘Usually, jealousy is so unbecomin’, but on you it’s just adorable.’

‘I am not jealous!’ Venom snips, voice slightly high-pitched.

“Get back in there.” Eddie lifts a hand, flicks herself in the chest – right between his eyes. She bites back an amused smirk when he hisses, but does as he’s told.

“Hey.” Patrick says when he finally reaches her.

“Hey, yourself. You clean up real nice.” Eddie really does have to admit he looks good in a suit. A proper suit. Not the drab attire he wears to work.

‘Pff... He’s no Diego.’

Eddie bites back another amused smile, because he literally obsesses.

‘Do not...’

Patrick lets out a nervous little laugh, feels his stupid cheeks heating. “Uh, thanks... You, too.” He winces slightly to himself, smiles sheepishly when he sees her smirking at him. “I mean – you look real beautiful tonight.” His eyes widen slightly when he sees her arch a brow. His nervousness mistakes her amused expression for offence, and then, he’s quickly adding, “Not that you don’t always look beautiful. You really do. I just –“ He huffs when he clearly sees her grinning, deflates slightly in defeat. His voice is then rather pleading as he asks, “Why did you let me keep talkin’ and make an idiot outta myself?”

‘Because you are an idiot.’

‘V, be nice.’

‘No.’ Not when said idiot is trying to steal his woman! How DARE he?! – Venom thinks with utter outrage.

Eddie ignores the alien anyway, can’t help shooting the poor guy a teasing smirk. “Sorry. Couldn’t resist. I like makin’ people squirm. Part of my job.” She arches a brow, grins as she asks, “Isn’t it kinda part of your job, too?”

“Eh, only sometimes. Most of the time, my job mainly consists of filing paperwork.” Patrick shoots her a lopsided little grin as he snatches up one of the strawberries. “Most excitement I ever had on the job is playin’ sidekick to you and Venom when we chased down Kasady and the... the other Venom?”