‘Only you, Eddie. Love only you.’ Venom’s thoughts seem to flow automatically as he lifts a hand and presses it gently over hers, keeping her hand on him. “Did this... just for you, Eddie.” Begrudgingly, he lets her hand then slip from his face, slowly turns them both to face his creation.

“Oh... wow...” Eddie’s eyes are wide with pleasant shock, her lips quirking as she takes in the pretty setup.

There’s an actual picnic blanket complete with the picnic basket, but it’s the fairy lights hung up and the small vines of jasmine woven carefully into the wires connecting said cute little fairy lights that make her smile all the more.

The lovely feeling tugs at Eddie’s heart again as she turns to face him, tendril loosely, though, still wrapped around her waist as he lets her move freely. “You did all this?” There’s no teasing in her tone, only genuine intrigue, though, she’s impressed, either way.

Venom nods, though, looks slightly worried. “Is it... too much? Or not enough, maybe. I can –“

“V, hey, stop, stop.” Eddie now feels her heart pang for less pleasant reasons as she sees the look of desperation on his face – it breaks her fucking heart. She latches a hand around one of his thick wrists as best she can, and he instantly halts his scrambling, even lets her pull him back to her.

“But... I should know these things already.”

Eddie would chuckle if it weren’t for that glum look on his face. “You do.” She shoots him a cheeky grin, only teases him to hopefully lighten his mood. “You’re just nervous. Which is both normal, and adorable, in your case. Do I make you nervous, V?”

“Yes.”

Eddie pouts at his serious tone. “You’re ruining our game. Stop sulking.” She leans up on her tiptoes, presses a kiss to his cheek, grins up at him when he blinks back down at her, slightly bewildered. “This is perfect, V. Really, it is.” She chuckles when he instantly grins, clearly pleased.

“The jasmine... you have fond memories of the scent... and I thought it would be better than smelling the many dead rats I had to clear away up here.”

Eddie chuckles, nods her agreement. “Good thinkin’.”

He grins back at her, then slips a large hand into her tiny human hand and leads Eddie over to the blanket, and she can’t help smiling at how enthusiastic he is – in her experience, most (human) males don’t give a shit about the dating part, or any other part other than the sexually obvious.

Reluctantly, Venom finally lets his tendril slip from her waist when she’s seated on the blanket. He plops down beside her, almost panics when he knocks her over, but feels his every fibre sing when he hears that pretty laugh of hers. He reaches a tendril out and wraps it around her waist again as he pulls her back up, smiles cheekily at her when she shoots him a playful withering look – because he’s about as subtle as Dan...

He’s overjoyed when she makes no comment about him keeping his tendril there, shoots her an impish grin, and then sends another tendril out to the laptop behind him. ‘Can’t Smile Without You’ starts up, and Venom is simply breathtaken by the way that lovely smile lights up those lovely eyes of hers.

Eddie chuckles, shakes her head and while putting on her best Venom voice, she asks him, “What’s in the basket, Little Red Ridin’ Hood?”

Venom bites back a smirk of delight at her ridiculous gruff tone. “Human heads.” He says simply and all too casually, smiles sweetly when her face drops.