Eddie shoots her other half an equally firm look and tells him, “He always has an option.”

Venom scowls, though, his voice grows instantly soft as he says, “Can’t stand to feel his fear, Eddie... no more than I can ever stand to feel yours... or Sleeper’s.”

Eddie’s expression slowly softens, but it’s Dylan who speaks up. “It’s not me I’m fearful for.” He sighs, tries not to look so fucking depressed when he knows what’s going to happen – honestly, having the power of prophetic dreams really does fully suck!

Eddie comes to sit on the couch beside her son, gently grabs one of his hands in both of hers as Venom floats closer to them both. “As much as I hate to admit – because that would mean you bein’ in danger all the time – you are literally one of the finest heroes I’ve ever known. And yeah, I know I’m bein’ biased, ‘cause you’re my kid, but I’m also totally serious.” She lets out a rather awed sounding laugh and tells him, “You were just 15 years old when you stood on your own and stopped a whole damn army of symbiotes by just liftin’ your hand and lettin’ that amazin’ power of yours do its thing. You didn’t even break a sweat.”

As much as it first pained her to let happen, she knows her son is already a hero not to be messed with. And the fact that he seems to grow more powerful every goddamn day both frightens and amazes her. Frightens her, because she’s afraid for him, and amazes her, because just how the hell did she create a creature so goddamn perfect in every little way?

Seriously, the kid’s heart is bigger and softer than any Eddie has ever known – Venom, too, knows that, as he tells her often when they marvel on their beautiful creation. Sleeper, too – he’s less sweet, though, no less caring, and also has a slightly more sassy (rudely blunt) side to him.

Venom grins proudly, as does Eddie as she then tells their son, “You are the most compassionate and courageous person I’ve ever known, Dylan. You’re gonna be one of the greatest heroes there ever was.”

“Even Nat thinks so. And that woman is the most difficult person to impress, I swear. She’s worse than me. Which is really saying something.”

Eddie scoffs, shoots him a playful smile as she tells him, “Your inky ass is easily entertained with a box of Milk Duds, or with watchin’ ‘The Little Mermaid’, over and over again.”

Venom scoffs back, but doesn’t retort, because it’s absolutely true, now that he really thinks about it... stupid Eddie. And stupid Dylan for laughing along with his mother.

He wishes Sleeper was here – he always takes his father’s side. Mostly out of pity, but Venom always takes what he can get from the more closed off one of his spawn – or as Eddie likes to call it, “private.”

“Come on then, tell me about these nightmares of yours.” Eddie leans turns sideways on the couch to face him, elbow resting against the back cushion and cheek resting against her hand.

“They’re not nightmares.” Dylan shakes his head, wears a grave look as he tells them, “Knull’s gonna break free again. I don’t know when. It’s all still fuzzy, but it gets clearer every time I see it.”

“There’s no way he could get out again. We tripled the locks this time.” Eddie says it with more confidence than she feels as she glances to Venom in his odd silence and warily asks, “You think he could get out again?”

“Anything is possible, Eddie... I told you, we should have just taken control of the hive ourselves and ended him for good.”

Eddie shoots him a sour glare. “Don’t try to blame this on me.” She grits out.