“He thinks you’re gonna kill him?” Eddie’s words almost come out with a sob at the end – she’s highly emotional right now, obviously. “That’s ridiculous. Tell him, Venom! Tell him you’re NOT gonna do that!”

Venom smiles fondly, but also rather sadly at her as he shakes his head. “Don’t you think I’ve already tried that? We need to let him see for himself. As soon as he is bonded to you, he will know everything.”

“What’re you sayin’? You’re gonna leave me?” Eddie fights back her stupid tears, because she knows it’s just the alien hormones messing with her own hormones. She knows Venom isn’t really ever going to leave her, but the thought of him being away from her at all right now is already sending her into a meltdown.

No. Can never leave you, Eddie.” Venom lifts a hand from her belly, from their spawn, gently swipes the long damp locks out of her slightly sweaty face, inky fingers curling and ghosting over her reddened cheeks. He lets out a pleased rumbling from the depth of his chest when she automatically leans into his touch. “But must protect you, no matter what. Protect you both.” His other hand still lying over her stomach rubs gently at the hardened bump. “When we get back to Annie, I will explain everything, and I’m sure she will allow me to merge with her until Sleeper is ready for us to be together again.”

“And what if he never wants that?” Eddie miserably asks, staring just as gloomily back up at him. Though, for the moment, she’s glad their little “sleeper” has stopped wriggling around so much as she feels the pain ebbing some.

Venom slowly grins back at her and tells her, “He will. He will know how much he is loved. Promise.” When she huffs quietly, but finally nods her agreement, his hand at her cheek slides to the back of her neck. He leans forward and presses his forehead to hers, lets out another series of low and affectionate rumblings.

Eddie closes her eyes, takes advantage of the absence of pain and just enjoys his warmth for a few moments. His other hand is still pressed protectively covering her bump with its sheer giant size, and Eddie slowly slides both her hands over his one, and lets out a content little sigh.

Venom’s mumbles his words (begrudgingly), not wanting to move his forehead from hers, and so, not wanting to jar her with his usual rumbling low voice. “I will have to merge with Dan until we see Annie.” He shoots her a dopey grin when her eyes spring open and she gives him that sweet laugh of hers.

“I envy your pain.” Eddie sarcastically drawls out. “Wanna swap?”

As if on cue then, Sleeper seems to reanimate himself as he once again, wriggles within Eddie, fighting not to come out, and Eddie groans loudly, hands slipping from his and to her aching sides.

“Breathe, Eddie.”

“V –“ Eddie sucks in a sharp breath at the next wave of pain, equally sharp. Her left hand flies out to him, fingers gripping into his bulging forearm.

Never leave you, Eddie.” Venom promises again with a nod, lets her fingers dig into his “flesh” as much as they need to.

Eddie nods back, though, still clings onto him for dear life.

Clint rushes back into the room just then with a pile high of clean, fluffy black towels and a few bottles of water under both arms. He tosses them down beside her just as Dan comes back with a small bowel of water and a first aid kit.

“Do you know when he’s coming?” Clint asks, shoots Venom a reassuring smile as he somehow manages to move the symbiote father far enough away from her for Clint to kneel down in front of her.