Venom floods forth when she almost tips over the edge, takes full control as he tells her, “Calm, Eddie... Come. We need to move now. He’s here...”

Knull...

The Lord of the Abyss...

The God of all symbiotes...

...has arrived.

The call goes out to everybody they know. And then, everybody that the Avengers and even what’s left of the X-Men and the Brotherhood knows, too. All hands are on deck.

If the plan holds – hers and Sam’s plan – the mass evacuations will start any second now.

Eddie can feel the slight panic rising in her other half, along with her own. But it’s not Knull that’s making their heart skip horrid beats...

No. That fear will come later.

Because right now, as Venom crawls silently down the side of the building, and slips back into the open window of their living room, their heart is more scared for this...

The already half-grown lump under the pile of blankets on their ratty old couch...

Their reason for being...

Their son...

They wish they didn’t have to wake their precious son up to this absolute nightmare.

Dylan’s been through so much already. He deserves better than this.

They wish they could just let him sleep as Venom silently closes the window and just as silently moves over to the couch.

Eddie is then left standing there as Venom slowly sinks back into her. She simply stares at their son’s perfect sleeping face. ‘I hope he doesn’t inherit any of our darkness. Mine, in particular. At least yours is primal and not just fucked up human psychology.’

‘No darkness in you, Eddie. Only the light to my own darkness. You are filled with love, Eddie. So much, that it blinds you from it. It is both sad and beautiful. Like your heart, Eddie.’

“OK, that was... beautiful.” Eddie rolls her slightly watery eyes when she hears him chuckling quietly in her head. “But please do not make me cry right now. This is hard enough as it is. He already hates me for doin’ this. So, might as well get it over with, right? God, where’s Toxin, when you need him?”

She knows it’s a morbid joke, but she can’t help it. Humour is her go-to when she’s feeling shitty.

And she really does miss Patrick, too. Can’t help it, no matter how undeserving she feels of missing them.

It’s her fault Patrick died, after all. Her fault that Toxin can’t stand to be around her anymore...

Venom spirals our of her right shoulder, noodle-head hovering in front of her with a slightly sad look between his large milky eyes. He feels all of her guilt like it were his own, and half of it, he feels, is his own. “Now is not the time to feel sorry for ourselves, Eddie.” He tells her, voice soft, no teasing. “We need to wake him. The Scarlet Witch has secured the bunker. He won’t need to take anything with him.”

Eddie sighs, walks over to the couch and crouches down beside their son. “Dylan?” Her voice is soft as she rakes a gentle hand through his thick strawberry blonde locks – almost identical to her own.

Dylan stirs, half the blankets sliding off of him and onto the rug. “Wha –“ He blinks, screws his eyes shut as he rubs at them with both hands. His green eyes snap open, glances between both his parents, feels their fears before he sees their worried faces. “Are you OK?”