[6] Levi

"Who is it?", I heard his voice.

"Recruit (Y/N) (L/N), sir!" I replied, slightly nervous.

"Come in"

I opened the door slowly and peered shyly into the room. I hesitated for a moment before entering the room.

The lance corporal was sitting at his desk, seemingly busy with papers.

"How are your injuries?" he asked me while he was still busy with the papers.

"It's fine now," I replied.

"How was the endurance training today?", he added.

"Unfortunately, I was behind the other recruits in this discipline," I said gloomily.

The lance corporal looked at me a little disappointed and then turned back to his papers.

His reaction depressed me even more, so I whispered softly, "I'm sorry I'm still such a useless recruit and no one else," I was interrupted by the lance corporal, who suddenly stood up from his chair.

"Stop talking down on yourself again and come with me," he ordered monotonously.

"But it's already late," I replied, confused.

He said nothing and went ahead, I had no choice but to follow him.

Arriving at the training ground, he said sternly: "We will now train until you show progress".

"But corporal-" before I could finish my sentence I was lying on the ground.
The lance corporal had thrown me to the ground.

"Get into position and defend yourself or do you want to be thrown to the ground by me all night long?" he ordered mockingly.

"No I don't sir!", I answered determined as I picked myself up off the ground.

After being thrown to the floor several times for almost two hours, I finally managed to fend off his attack and give him a punch.

I happily gave a "yay" until I fell to the ground exhausted.
I layed on the floor breathing heavily, my whole upper body ached incredibly, but I was relieved.

„I managed to fend off an attack from the mighty lance corporal", I laughed out and didn't move a bit.

„Tch, mighty?", he looked annoyed by that

"Hey, how long are you going to lie there? We're going to continue on," I heard his voice once again.

I stood up and knocked the dirt off my trousers. My legs were shaking and my arms were numb. I had not thought that the training with him would be so hard.

Just as I was getting into position to fend off his attack, it suddenly started to rain.

"Great timing for you," I heard him say annoyed.

"Should we continue despite the rain?", I asked him uncertainly.

"No, it's enough for a start. If you want to continue, you can come back here tomorrow after the training, but it won't be easy," he answered sternly.

"I'll be there sir."

"Tch, I'm getting tired of hearing your 'sir' all the damn time", he grumbled and walked towards the building.

"And I can't hear your 'Tch' anymore...", I muttered, slightly offended.

"What was that?" he turned around.

Shit!

I quickly thought of something else I could have said.

"I-I was just saying that I can't stand hearing myself talk so formal all the time," I stuttered nervously.

Oh man, what a bad excuse, he probably knows I'm lying.

"Then call me Levi," he said and went on his way.

Completely flabbergasted, I stood there in the rain.

I would have expected anything. With penalty laps, cleaning, an insult on his part or anything else, but not that I could call him by name.

"Come on in!", I heard Levi call, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Completely soaked, I made my way inside.
Levi then handed me a towel and said:

"Here, before you get sick. Go to your room and rest now. I want to see your performance tomorrow.

"Thank you..Levi", I replied uncertainly and shyly.

He looked at me a little satisfied and finally went towards his room.

I too made my way to my room, where Mikasa and Sasha were probably already in bed.

Once there, I changed clothes and fell asleep right away. I was so tired and exhausted that Sasha's snoring couldn't stop me from falling asleep.
..
.