[4] Training

The lance corporal stared at me, unimpressed.

"Corporal, I'm done cleaning," I said as I knocked the dirt off my legs.

"Good, then you can go now," he spoke, still leaning against the wall.

Relieved, I made my way to the door, muttering softly, "Finally..."

"Wait a minute," I heard his voice behind me.

Shit. Did he take my 'finally' wrong now! I thought

"You are completely filthy, disgusting," he said deprecatingly.

"Oh... Yeah apparently someone dropped their tray and I-", Before I could finish he added:
"Here", he handed me a cloth and continued to look at me unimpressed.
I accepted the cloth, briefly wiped the food residue off my sleeves, and thanked him with a smile.

"I'll put the cleaning stuff away, see you tomorrow at practice and you better not oversleep," he said sternly.

"Yes sir." I still saluted and finally went to my room.
Once there, Mikasa and Sasha were already in bed. I put on a long big shirt to sleep in and layed down.  
Unfortunately for me, Sasha was snoring so loudly that it was hard for me to fall asleep.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally fell asleep.

I dreamed of another world...
This world was beautiful, I was with my parents at the sea. The sea was beautiful, just as Armin told me at the first dinner with him, Mikasa and Eren.

The dream felt as if I had experienced it before.
..
.

I was gently awakened by the morning sunshine. I felt refreshed and ready for training.
Mikasa and Sasha were already gone. As usual, I was the last one to get up, but I still had plenty of time to get ready. I never took very long in the morning anyways.

When I arrived at the trainingrounds, I immediately greeted Armin and Eren, who had already called me to join them.

"Good morning guys~", I smiled at them both.

"Good morning (Y/N), you seem to have recovered well," Eren greeted me.

"Yes you look really good today, (Y/N)!" added Armin.

"Thank you, I also slept really well and feel fit. Today I can show what I can do training with the 3DMA!", I said confidently.

"I will also do my best today. Let's see which of us will do better today," Eren replied ambitiously.

The training finally began and I resolved to be better than Eren at all costs!

If I don't outdo him, I'll never make it into the top 10. I want to be one of the best, that's my dream, to belong to the elite and be strong like the lance corporal.

Oh yes, the lance corporal, he is also here today at the training.

Another reason to give everything today, I don't want him to see me only as a truant and weakling.

With the help of the 3DMA, I swung myself into the air and set out to find the cardboard titans before anyone else did.

After a short time I found the first cardboard titan. Quick as a flash, I turned towards the neck and cut out a large piece.

"Yahahahaa~," I cheered happily and flew on.

Looks like Eren already took one down too.... I need to find another one quickly.

Ah there's Sasha! I flew a little behind her, she has a good sense, maybe she'll guide me to the next cardboard titan.

Sasha didn't disappoint me and actually found another target.
She took off for the attack, but I beat her by a few seconds and cut the neck in front of her.

"Awww noo! (Y/N) you are so ruthless !" she whined and flew off. This time she made sure I didn't follow her again.

Perfect. I got two down and Eren only got one. I'd better get another one just to be sure.

I flew around for about 2 minutes hoping to quickly find another cardboard titan, but it seemed like the other recruits beat me to it.

Just when I thought I wouldn't find another one and had to be satisfied with only having killed two in total, I heard Jean and Eren talking. I flew in their direction and saw the two of them flying towards a large cardboard titan. They seemed to be discussing which of the two should finish him off.

This is my chance! I thought confidently.

I was above the two and wanted to use the speed from the falling to my advantage so I could cut the titans neck before them.

However, I underestimated the height in which I was and flew much too fast towards the ground.

„Shit, this is way too fast I can barely move my arms! I have to try to slow myself down somehow."

Just before I would reach the ground, I attached my two hooks to the two opposite trees.

I managed to break the fall a little, but I still hit the ground hard.

The pain went through my whole upper body and I layed there as if paralyzed.

I was screaming and shouting until someone finally came up to me.
Blurred I recognized a black-haired man running towards me.

"L-lance corporal ...?" I muttered softly.
..
.