"I don't see him anywhere." He said and I huffed out a breath and looked out the window.

Colby was inferiating to be around not only because he was cocky but also because I was still annoyingly attracted to him.

The way he oozed confidence and would do things without hesitation.

The way he was so concerned about me after years of not speaking to me.

I hated that I liked it.

We drove for a little while before we pulled into a parking garage.

"We're here." Colby said then parked the car. "Where's here?" I asked and looked around. "Don't recognize it?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Not ringing any bells." I said then got out of the car.

When I did this I was hit by a dizzy spell being accompanied by my vision blurring.

"You coming?" Colby asked as I closed my eyes. "One sec." I whispered but heard the clicking of his boots coming towards me.

"We should really get you checked out. I saw your car, it looked fucked." He said as I nodded. "Yeah." I mumbled then opened my eyes.

When I did this I was met by Colby's hard as steal glare. Behind those familiar eyes was a hint of concern though.

If I didn't know him so well I wouldn't have caught that.

"Come on then." He said then led the way. I followed behind him, fighting the sore muscles and woozy feeling.

It wasn't until we were in the elevator that I recognized where we were.

We were at the secret society base which meant Colby was in charge of the secret society.

Which meant he killed my father.

I felt an intense pain in my stomach at this realization. It was surprising I didn't keel over from the pain.

Colby literally killed my dad, and he never fucking told me.

I didn't want to make him aware of my realization because tonight wasn't the night for that.

We walked down the hallway until we reached the infirmary. "Jason is gonna get you checked out. I have to talk to my men." Colby said as I nodded.

I didn't know if I felt super comfortable having this random guy check me out, but it was better than having Colby do it.

"Mr. Brock said you had quite the accident." Jason said as I nodded. "Yeah." I mumbled then lifted my shirt so I could see the damage myself.

Across my chest was a large bruise from the seatbelt.

There were other bruises and scratches all over my body but where the seatbelt was hurt the worst.

"Can I get some pain pills?" I asked as he shook his head. "No can do." He said and started patching me up.

We were mostly done when the door opened. "I'll take over." Colby said and looked at Jason with a venomous glare.

"Sure thing, boss." Jason said and stood up to leave. "Do you have to be such a dick to all of them?" I asked as he pulled a piece of glass out of my cheek.

"Yes, I actually do." Colby said blandly, focusing on what he as doing.

"What's our plan?" I asked, changing the subject. "My plan is to figure this shit out. Your plan is to stay out of the way." He said as I squinted.

"You brought me to Seattle for no reason then?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, I brought you here to protect you. You're welcome." He said then stitched me up.

"So I'm just gonna be imprisoned in this weird underground base you have?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, you're gonna stay in my apartment." He said simply. "No." I said and shook my head. "Come on, Jules. I'm not gonna pull anything. It's just the safest option." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"This seems like the safest option." I said and gestured around as he cleaned up the medical stuff.

"Nobody knows where my apartment is or that it really exists. Plus, there's security. Unless someone lives there they can't get in." Colby explained.

"Just come on. You have nowhere else to stay so you might as well just listen." He said then took my hands and helped me stand.

I was annoyed that he was being such a tool and that he was controlling me like this but at this point I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

The ride to the apartment was silent which was the total opposite of how much bickering we've done.

I think we were both just exhausted. Neither of us had the energy to fight or even really speak to eachother.

When we got to the apartment I looked down at my now dirty clothes. "I don't have any clothes." I mumbled as he nodded.

"You can borrow something. We can get you some stuff tomorrow." Colby said and walked into his bedroom.

I followed him into the room and looked around. It still amazed me how clean everything was. It made me wonder if he had a maid or something.

"Here ya go." He said and handed me a pair of grey sweatpants, a pair of briefs and a black tshirt. "Thanks. Can I shower?" I asked as he nodded.

"In there. There's towels in the closet." He said as I nodded and walked into the bathroom.

It felt so weird to be in this situation but it was almost comforting.

It felt good to have someone around.

I showered quickly, trying to get the gross feeling off of me. I then got changed into the comfortable clothes Colby gave me.

When I walked into the bedroom I noticed Colby wasn't in there so I went out to the living room.

Colby was standing on the balcony, a cigarette between his lips. He looked stressed out as he looked up at the sky.

It was as if he let his guard down since he didn't know I was watching.

I walked over to the couch and sat down, trying to get comfortable.

After a couple minutes Colby came inside. "You can take the bed." He said as I shook my head.

"I don't mind the couch." I said as he sigh. "Please, Julia. Just take the bed." He said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Okay." I said and stood up. "Goodnight." I said as he nodded. "Goodnight, Jules." He said as I walked into the bedroom.

It was so weird for us to share this space for an unknown period of time. Part of me felt comforted by it.

The other part of me wanted to push away further than I ever have before.