Chapter 32: Celebration Preparation

Start from the beginning

"I haven't finished–"

"You don't need to. I refuse. Again," he said. "I don't get paid here, and I'm too dashing to be cleaning those stalls. Especially with Joute's horse still in them. Your inn, your job."

"I'm busy," Prima said. "More than usual. I told you a few days ago that we're celebrating Link's birthday here this weekend."

"That's wonderful. I'll buy a ton of drinks," Teli said coldly. "If you have so much to do, then I suggest you finish the stables soon."

"Like I said, if you want drinks this weekend, I suggest you help," prima said.

"You can't block me from drinking. I'm a paying guest."

"I can't offer drinks if I can't make drinks to sell," Prima debated. "I need more time than usual with this."

The two stared at each other, with intimidation filled in each pair of irises.

"Where's Zelda?"

"I'm going to be putting her on another job."

"What about Celessa?"

"She's currently drunk."

"And Joute?"

"You go tell him to clean the stalls. See how that plays out."

Teli began to grind his teeth, trying his best to maintain eye contact with Prima's unwavering gaze. After a few more seconds, his hands balled into tight fists.

"I want free drinks this weekend."

"I can give you a free bed."

"Don't try to play me. I know how Joute's horse is," Teli said through his teeth.

"Fine. One day of free drinks," Prima offered.

"Then it's the day of Link's birthday. That's when most will be drinking, right?"

Prima squinted her piercing brown eyes as a sweat drop fell down Teli's face. Though challenging, he refused to look away. After a few moments, Prima clicked her tongue and finally looked away.

"Fine. You have a deal," she said.

"All right then. I'd say it's nice doing business with you, but I don't think this'll be very enjoyable," Teli grumbled as he headed for the large double doors.

"Everything you need is on the side of the stables," Prima called, watching as he walked away.

With another agitated mumble, Teli grabbed the handle of the doors and pulled one of them open to reveal a familiar golden-haired woman standing in front of them. Teli raised an eyebrow before looking down to see a large basket of clothes in her hands.

"Ah, Teli, thank you," Zelda said with a kind smile. "I wasn't sure how I was going to open the door with a pile of sheets this large."

With a grunt, he stepped aside and allowed Zelda into the building before disappearing out into the snow. The employee looked back before turning to face Prima.

"He seems to be in a bit of a mood," she commented as she carried the basket of sheets towards the stairs.

"He'll be fine," Prima said, waving the issue away. "Once you put those away, I need you to go out and buy some ingredients for me."

"Ingredients?" Zelda asked, stopping to look at Prima after placing a foot on the first step of the staircase.

"Specifically some Hylian rice," Prima clarified. "I'm sure Pruce has some at the East Wind."