05. 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴.

Song: If I died last night by Jessie Murph

**

~ Salvatore Blake Bernardi ~

I never asked to be born.

I never wanted anything to do with the family mafia, I would be beyond happy graduating high school and then moving as far away from here as humanly possible to open my own art gallery, but we don't always get a choice.

This isn't one of those fucking stupid stories where I just pretend to not like him because I'm scared of losing him, he could fall off the face of the planet for all I care.

He got the easiest fucking out handed to him and he just shows back up?

Then to add fuel to the fire, I'm expected to set up his room like any of us even give a fuck about that bitch. I didn't want to put up with it so I left.

I know I will receive a lecture for that later, do I care? Mmmm not really, I couldn't care less if I'm being completely honest.
So now here I am, sitting in the middle of my favorite soccer field contemplating every life choice that led me to this very moment. My life kinda sucks huh? I don't see what can be worse than this.

"Well hello there stranger." I hear a familiar chirpy voice call out.

Glancing up I see my one and only best friend Quinn Avery Parker.

We met a full decade ago and have been best friends ever since.

"What the fuck do you want Quinny." I snap.

Quinn sits down beside me with their knees pressed against their chest.

"Alright who pissed in your cheerios."

"Nobody."

"Sure like I believe that, did you forget who you're talking to?" Quinn rolls their eyes.

"What the hell is going on with you?"