(CHAPTER 31)

Waking up in the morning with an aching head is not the best feeling. Add the pain of an aching back due to sleeping in a sitting position to that and you might have the worst morning of your life. There were times when Kei's sleep schedule was like an owl.

That is if you keep in mind that she doesn't sleep during the day.

Those ten seconds after waking up from sleep when you wonder,

'Who are you?'

'What are you?"

This was what Kei was going through along with the above-listed thing as she sat under the tree and stared into the distance with dead eyes. After those ten seconds passed, she came up with a single conclusion.

I don't want to be an adult.......

Her eyes were slowly about to close and just as she was about to fall back to sleep, she suddenly heard a yell.

"See! It's just like I said! Someone was here!"

Jerking up in surprise, a groan left her and she made her way toward the ship.

"I saw him! It wasn't a dream after all!! The Merry-go has been repaired! "

She heard Usopp exclaim as she stepped on the altar and looked at the now-repaired ship. Climbing onto the ship, she found everyone gathered together on the deck and looking at the repaired parts in curiosity and confusion.

"I hate to say it, but....." Sanji started with furrowed eyebrows," the work's pretty shoddy..."

"Someone's looking out for us!" Luffy cheered happily while sitting on the railings.

" ....I thought it was a ghost....." Usopp muttered warily.

"A ghost won't go around and do charity work," Kei muttered behind him and that's when he sensed the presence behind him.

But when he turned to look behind him, his jaw dropped, and tears started streaming down his face as he threw his hands in the air.

"AAAHH! The ghost is here!!"

She slightly winced at the loud voice, " You're too loud....."

Usopp blinked a few times and his shoulders soon relaxed when he realized it was just her, " Oh, it's just you, Kei. But man! You have some really bad eye bags and messy hair! Are you okay?!"

That's when Kei realized that parts of her hair were sticking out. Normally, her hair was kind of messy most of the time with a few strands sticking out but this time her hair looked like a bird's nest. She seemed to think for a few seconds on Usopp's question, then answered in a hoarse voice.

"Other than the irresistible urge to go take a swim in the sea, I'm fine."

"Got it! Not gonna ask you again!" Usopp concluded with a nod while snapping his fingers.

As for her hair, Kei ran her fingers through it a few times and left it at that.

"Who would fix ships for us in a place like this? In Upper Yard, everyone's been nothing but hostile." Zoro pointed out in confusion.

Another thing that Luffy and Usopp noticed was the fact that Merry Go was no longer in its flying model. Meaning whoever repaired it, knew how she previously looked, which only created more confusion. Standing near the figurehead, Usopp looked at it with a conflicted look.

" I wish you could talk Merry. You could tell me who did this......."

"Maybe it was Merry herself."