prologue 13-14

Começar do início

“Even magic has its limits. Furthermore, its magestone—the figurative heart of any magical artifact—is cracked. A magestone cannot easily be replaced. I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again.” 

Ace ran his hand through his hair “this is bad…” deuce put his hands over his face “what am I going to do?! How am I going to tell my mother…?” 

Or maybe I could just die? I mean that could work

Crowley tilted his head slightly with his hand on his chin “ah…! But there may be one way. One tiny sliver of a chance to repair this chandelier.” 

Ace and Deuce's faces turned to pure surprise “there is?!” hmm maybe then I can live. 

“The mageston that powered this chandelier was mined from the dwarfs’ mine. If you can acquire a magestone with the same properties, it may be possible to repair it.” 

“Then I’ll go find a magestone! With your permission, sir!” deuce yelled with his hand to his chest “I should caution you that I cannot promise there yet remain magestones to find. The mines were closed quite some time ago. It is quite likely that all the magestones have already been mined.” 

Nevermind then, death is the answer. 

“I will do anything to avoid expulsion, sir!” 

“Hmmm… very well, then. I will suspend your expulsion for a single night. But if you fail to return with a magestone by morning, then all of you are expelled.” 

Deuce almost dropped to his knees “I understand, sir. Thank you very much for this opportunity!” Ace let out a loud sign “fine, then. Let’s hurry down there, find a mageston, and get this whole thing done with. 

“You should be able to reach the dwarfs’ mine instantly by using one of the gates in the mirror chamber.” 

“Yes sir!” deuce yelled without a second thought.

Grim suddenly came to be, slowly looking around “wh-? Where am i?!” I looked down at him with soft eyes “you may end up wishing you’d remained unconscious. As I wish I was never alive.”

Us four began to rush to the mirror chamber so we could go to the dwarfs’ mine and get this over with “maaan… how did I end up in this mess? I swear, I have the worst luck.” Ace complained, we ended up in this mess because of a decision you made ace, you dumbass. 

“We don’t have time to complain. Let’s go. Dark mirror! Take us to the dwarfs’ mine!” deuce yelled out. 

The mirror swirled alive with light, and then there was a large flashing light. When I opened my eyes again we were someplace different, we were in the woods by a bridge leading to a cabin. 

“So this is the dwarfs’ mine… long ago, this mine was flush with magestones.” deuce informed us “urgh… who knows what lurks in there now?” grim whined. 

“Look, I can see a house. Let’s see what the people there have to say.” thank you captain obvious. We went to the cabin and laid a knock on the door, a loud creak could be heard, deuce opened the door slowly “hellooo? Is anyone home…? Must be empty. It looks like it’s been abandoned.” deuce said while looking around, grim ran inside the house and ran into a spider web “bwah! I got a spider web on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!” he was thrashing around trying to get the spider web off of his face, I picked him up and quickly got the spider web off him. 

I put him down and noticed ace looking around “look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here? One, two… seven! It’s like a clown car in here.” I paused and looked at him, was he serious “ace DWARFS MINE, now tell me, do you think this place belonged to children?” he ignored me… 

“When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place.” deuce said while looking around and going further into the cabin. “Well, this isn’t getting us anywhere. If we’re gonna find a magestone, it’ll be inside the mine. Let’s head inside and take a look.”

He’s right, what’s the worst that could happen? We left the cabin and after a short walk we arrived at the entrance. “You wanna go inside THERE? It’s pitch black!” grim complained, ace looked down on him “what, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic.”  “Ace I swear to god if you start a fight with grim here I will-” I was cut off by grim “myah?! I’m not scared of anything! I’m taking the lead. You all follow me!” and with that we entered the mine following being grim and me, ace and deuce were following me. 

After a couple minutes of walking and searching we were stopped by deuce “huh? Hold up!” Ace turned to look at him “what now?” deuce pointed down the cave “there’s something there!” grim let out a scream, there were two ghosts they both burst out into laughter upon seeing us “visitors! The first in ten years!” the first ghost said and the second ghost began speaking “do make yourselves at home… you can stay forever!” Tonight we fight for our lives… again…