Halloween special!!! 🎃

Start from the beginning

Whatever, because it was all worth it in the end, the group was ready just in time for Freak Fest.

Once all their costumes on, the event was about to start in town square, so as you can expect they were fashionably late.

As soon as the planter family entered it almost seemed like all the frogs stopped to get a glimpse at their glittering costumes.

Anne stepped in with a beanie, a stripped shirt with a grudgby jacket over it, green pants, and red sneakers.

Yn stepped in with pointy ears, purple hair, pink cat sweatshirt with overalls, dotted leggings and purple boots. And you can't forget her ghost staff

Sprig stepped in with a fake skull on his head, also a burger queen crown on top, a red collar, and of course his faithful stuffed animal friend, Francois.

Polly stepped in completely wearing a full body costume. She was a brown owl with golden eyes, nothing too special.

And last but not least, hop pop. He was definitely not happy with his costume..
he had a large gray wig, fake pointy ears and a brown suit with a red tie.

The frogs shrugged at their costumes and continued their festivities. The planter family continued walking up towards the stage, the actual contest still hadn't begun. They had strut their way to the sign in counter and the lady there gasped.
"Oh woah! Those are quite the costumes! Now
I'm guessing... I'm going to need 5 different names?"
"Nope, we're all together." Sprig said adjusting his skull helmet, thing.
"Okay then.. and what name will we call out for you?"
"Yn?" Anne asked looking to yn.
"Hm.. the hex squad." She concluded.
"Okay," the lady hummed "and your all signed in, go ahead with your festivities until the real fest begins! Have fun!" The lady quickly waved them away.

"Yn, I have no idea what these costumes mean or represent but let me tell you, I absolutely love them!!" Anne said excitedly.
"Thanks, maybe when we get back home you can watch the show with me..?"
"Yeah.. that'd be nice.." Anne said blushing.

"Okay gang," sprig hopped over to a empty table. "We need to split into groups, best way to cover more ground." He said very seriously.
"Woah dude" Anne commented.
"He's very serious about getting the most candy."
"And why wouldn't I be!?!?" Sprig snapped at polly, "we need to get as much as frogily possible. Got it? We meet back here right before the contest starts and we add all our earnings together to get the most candy anyone has gotten in 100 years!!!"
"I don't think that's possible."
"Can it polly! We can do anything we set our minds too!" Sprigs stood on the table and continued his speech, "now here are the groups, anne and yn will handle the west side, polly and hop pop will handle the south side, and I'll handle the north."
"And why do you get to be alone?" Hop pop asked.
"Because I'm a responsible young man and I work better alone," sprig claimed.
"Oh.. alright. Just don't get in trouble! And if you do you'll be on dish duty for a month, got it?"
Sprig proudly nodded.
"Okay gang, let's split!"

Yn and Anne had started towards the west side, there was cornhole, apple bobbing, even a small ride. Yn had almost recognized the ride immediately. The Tunnel of Love! Those big loopy red letters seemed to mock yn as she stared. It already made her stomach flip that anne and yn were dressing up as each others girlfriends, but they also had come upon a tunnel of love which was famously known for how amity and luz started dating.

Anne seemed to almost completely ignore the ride as they went to do some other stupid basketball game. Yn was looking around while waiting for her turn when she said sprig hiding behind a basket nearby. Once sprig and yn had locked eyes he tried to shush her.
"Erm, anne. Im gonna head to the bathroom quick, brb."

Yn rushed away and scurried to a nearby bathroom. Sprig had seemed to have gotten the message and followed her.
"Sprig? What are you doing here? Your supposed to be on the north side!"
"Ha! There's no north side, that's all just food trucks."
"Okay, then why are you here? It's kind of creepy to be honest.."
"Ya see that ride over there?" He said pointing to the tunnel of love.
"..yeah?"
"I need you and Anne to get in it, and confess your love for eachother!"
...
"What? Sprig! That's what this was all about!"
"Well, yeah. Duh, it's been obvious you guys have liked eachother for a while. Just go for it already!!"
"I don't think I can... wait why do you even care?"
"Because I am invested in your guys's personal lives. Now, get out there and confess!" He shoved yn along.
I mean it couldn't be that bad right?

"Heh, let's go on the tunnel of love!!?" Yn said nervously.
"Hmp, sure okay." Anne shrugged.
That was the only easy part, actually getting in the tunnel. Ugh, a nightmare. And sooooo awkward.
"So erm, these flowers are nice.." yn tried to strike up a conversation while they were about to board.
"Heh.. yeah.."
Nobody had anything else to say, so they didn't talk. Yn caught sight of sprig hiding with the animatronics, he gave her a thumbs up and she gave him a thumbs down back. He shrugged and continued watching.

As they boarded the love boat yns anxiety grew and grew, and it made her even more nervous thinking about how nervous she was. Was she gonna puke? Or.. worse? And did she really have the will power to confess? Is it too early?

As soon as the boat started yn felt like she was suffocating on her worries. The bile in her throat choking her and her leg bouncing harder and harder. She dug her nails into her skin, trying anything to keep her mind off the bubbling anxiety that she hasn't felt for a while, she didn't miss it either.

She had to do it sooner or later, better to get it over with.. right?
"Anne.." she choked out. "I..."
"Not ready! Not ready!!!" Her brain screamed at her.
"It's..." she started to feel like her throat was closing up. She tried to take as many deep breaths as she could and tried to calm her shaking. She felt anne look at her with her breathtaking blue eyes.
"You good?"
Suddenly it was too much, yn stood up on the moving boat.
"I'm not ready!" She shouted out to no one in particular, (sprig), and she started to tear up.
"Woah hey it's okay." Anne pulled her back down to sit and pulled her into a hug.

Yn didn't know that's what she needed so badly, she melted into her crushes warm embrace and it got a little easier to breath. After a while of a hug that lasted longer than it should've, yn was fine.
"You don't have to tell me anything if your not ready yet. Not sure who gave you that idea but.." Anne comforted her.
"Thanks," yn sniffed.
As soon as the ride was over the two had been lauging and talking like good old friends, anne didn't pressure yn into yelling her what she was going to.. but she had a hunch..

Suddenly the town bells rung,
"Welp, that must mean something."
"Cmon, it's starting!!" Sprig jumped into view and shoved them along.

As they made it to the front desk and signed in, security showed up with hop pop and Polly in hand cuffs.
"Sorry, but your family is eliminated from the contest, old hopediah here was trying to pull a quickster and sabotage the other contestants." The security guard said.
"Gosh darn it hop pop," Anne sighed.
"But I didn't do it! I've been framed!!"
"Tell that to the floor hopediah," he said before throwing them out.

They sat there for a moment in complete silence, then they all burst into laughter.
"I-I tried putting super glue on mrs Jonkins wig, and I swapped Mrs sundews dress for a trash bag and-" they all started cracking up with laughter.
"Good one hop pop!"
"Trash bag! Classic!"
As they finally calmed themselves they all collected their belongings and started the walk home.

"Well, that was a complete waste of time," yn said, "but fun!" She quickly added.
"Yeah.. but yn, sorry for.. earlier.." sprig said.
"It's all water under the bridge, but.. I'll get you back someday. When you least expect it.."
"W-what'd you say.?"
"Stop the ruckus back there kids! My back is killing me, I want a peaceful night of sleep tonight!"
"Yes hop pop," all the kids said at once.

Woah... that was.. a lot.
Yes, it's a day late, but does that matter?
No, it does not. It's still Halloween season.
Anyways I hope your Halloween was fun, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The ending was sorta rushed because I'm tired and I just want to do some mindless fun now, and take a break. So I hope you enjoyed this fluff and stuff.
Okay bye <33