It turned out that the empire did not need it at all.

    Li Shuyan cried so hard that she seemed to have drained all her tears over the years. Zeng Manwen stayed with Li Shuyan in the ward without leaving overnight.

    This is a top-secret ward. Except for the occasional check by the doctor, no one else came in. Li Shuyan was finally able to cry.

    When the morning light was dim outside, Li Shuyan finally shed her last tear for the empire. She looked at Zeng Manwen with a terrifying firmness in her eyes.

    "Manniang, you all say I'm a genius, but in fact I'm the dumbest fool in the world."

    "I seem to have been deceived all the time, dig my heart out for the wrong people, and sacrifice myself for the wrong people."

    A calm smile broke out on Li Shuyan's face: "Do me a favor, Manniang."

    "Kill me," she begged.

    Zeng Manwen's gun was always in her hand, even though there was only Li Shuyan lying weakly on the bed opposite, she did not let go of her vigilance.

    Zeng Manwen was silent for a moment and asked Li Shuyan: "Have you thought about another way?"

    "What way?"

    "Return to the alliance with me."

    After Zeng Manwen finished speaking, he kept staring at Li Shuyan's reaction, and Li Shuyan seemed to have heard something Like a big joke, tears welled up in the corners of his eyes.

    She said, "No."

    "I'm from the Empire. I love my hometown. If you want me to betray the land where I grew up, it's better to kill me directly.

    " Blocking the look in her eyes, she wiped the gun in her hand and could pull the trigger at any time.

    Li Shuyan closed his eyes, full of anticipation.

    "Hello, this is the intensive care unit, may I ask you..." The doctor's panicked voice came from the corridor, followed by the sound of military boots stepping on the wooden floor one after another.

    Many people came outside.

    Zeng Manwen stood up and glanced at Li Shuyan with a complicated look. She violated the regulations again, this time on someone else's territory.

    The people outside moved, the footsteps were getting closer, Zeng Manwen turned around suddenly, and opened a secret door from the wall.

    She grabbed Li Shuyan out of bed and pushed her into the secret passage, "Keep going, don't look back!"

    Li Shuyan turned around in panic, Zeng Manwen closed the door without reluctance, and when he turned around, someone knocked on the door of the ward.

    Zeng Manwen opened the door of the ward. The doctor was pointed at by a circle of black guns. Standing in front of the soldiers was the adjutant of the army chief. He burst in with a smile, looked around the ward with exaggerated movements, and asked with a smile, "Listen. Said that the commander is hiding in the golden house?"

    "Who are you listening to?"

    Zeng Manwen stepped aside and let the adjutant bring someone in to search. The adjutant pointed to the folds of the hospital bed and asked, "What is this?"

    "Don't tell me, sir, that you still have the habit of sleeping on the hospital bed." The adjutant smiled.

    "It's just a little wild cat, it ran away last night." Zeng Manwen's expression was as usual.