Chapter 100

Chapter 100 The Coquettish Little Mom and Pretty Daughter

    In the next scene, Pu Yiling finally had a chance to play.

    Alliance, Institute for Tobacco Coffee and Health.

    Cheng Yiyun, played by Pu Yiling, received news from the hinterland of the empire, and the intelligence officer codenamed Gentleman sent a brief report.

    [The guess is correct. 】

    Cheng Yiyun suddenly stood up from the chair, she walked around the office, drank the coffee in the cup in one breath, and the fingers holding the Midian trembled slightly.

    She has been waiting for the gentleman's intelligence, not only for the mission, but also to confirm that the gentleman is still alive.

    That was a place beyond the reach of the Alliance. In the same room as the devil in the red house, Cheng Yiyun never doubted the ability of his old partner, but he couldn't help worrying about her.

    Gentleman is the code name of Zeng Manwen.

    The message she sent back said that the guess was correct, which meant that the gentleman saw the true face of the "high wall".

    A long time ago, Cheng Yiyun guessed that the encryption method of the "high wall" is a complete innovation. It is elegant and simple, and can be rolled out on a large scale. It is as cheap and easy to obtain as machinery.

    In other words, the "high wall" was originally a machine.

    This is almost a fantasy in this era. When the mechanical theory was first put forward, there were many different opinions within the Tobacco Institute. No one thought that passwords could exist without mathematics.

    Cheng Yiyun worked day and night for several years until the Tobacco Institute intercepted the sample, and she could almost infer the working principle of the encryption machine [1].

    Cheng Yiyun guessed that there is a unique rotor structure inside the "high wall" cipher machine. When a letter on the input end is pressed, the output end gives the corresponding letter, and the rotor automatically rotates the position of a letter.

    And "high wall" is not a simple substitution cipher. The same letter can be replaced by different letters when it is in different positions in the plaintext, and the same letter in different positions in the ciphertext can represent different letters in the plaintext. Every turn changes the corresponding rules for plaintext and ciphertext, and letter frequency analysis is useless here.

    Cheng Yiyun conservatively estimates that there are at least three rounds of rotor encryption in the "high wall".

    And the gentleman can give her the conclusion that "the guess is correct", indicating that she has at least seen the entity of the "high wall" cipher machine with her own eyes.

    This is exciting news, which shows that Cheng Yiyun's work for many years is not wrong, and the work of their entire tobacco factory is not wrong. Unfortunately, the secret electricity cannot convey more detailed information, otherwise the gentleman may be able to complete the internal structure of the "high wall". send over.

    She believed that gentlemen had this ability.

    Originally specializing in the hypothesis of the cipher machine, only the first office directly under the leadership of Cheng Yiyun, half of the research institutes of the Tobacco Institute stopped their work and devoted themselves to this confrontation between manpower and machinery.

    If the "high wall" is really as Cheng Yiyun guessed, then it has a fatal weakness: the rotor will make a full turn and return to the original direction, and the coding rules will be repeated as before. Although the designer of the "high wall" installed three rotors that restrict each other in order to avoid this, the repetition probability was reduced to one third of the cube of 26, but this must be a weakness. breakthrough.