Li Shuyan took a step forward.

    black.

    too dark.

    She couldn't see what was in the middle of the cloud of smoke at all. The teacher in the school said that the bombs used by the Union bombers could form a vacuum zone without any living creatures in a radius of tens of meters from the center of the explosion.

    Major General Li... is he dead?

    It was noisy and chaotic. Someone slammed into Li Shuyan's shoulder heavily and staggered her. She got up from the ground and found bloody refugees all around her.

    She raised her hand and wiped her face, there was blood.

    Hearing seemed to suddenly return, and Li Shuyan heard the cries of many different voices, including men, women, old people, and children. Wife and estranged, family ruined, far more than her.

    "mother!"

    A little girl's sharp shout brought back Li Shuyan's reason. She suddenly found that Zeng Manwen, who had been dragging her out, was gone.

    Li Shuyan turned around abruptly, seeing all the refugees in a hurry.

    What about Zeng Manwen?

    Where's her maid?

    Li Shuyan was suddenly seized by a huge panic. Unlike witnessing the shock of the explosion with her own eyes, she was almost dumbfounded at that moment, and all her emotions were pulled away, but now, the fear is real.

    "Manniang!"

    "Zeng Manwen!"

    Li Shuyan began to shout, she tried to separate the crowd in front of her, trying to find the young woman in the gray coat in the gray smoke, like looking for a needle in a haystack.

    Li Shuyan was carried forward by the crowd. She didn't know where these refugees were going, but it was not where Major General Li asked her and Zeng Manwen to go.

    The smell of sweat and blood mixed with the pungent smell of gunpowder smoke. Li Shuyan's tears were like waterfalls. One of her shoes was trampled off. The shouting seemed insignificant in the confusion, and she could barely hear herself.

    Chug -

    a strange touch came from under her feet, Li Shuyan slowly lowered her head, and she stepped on a severed hand.

    Li Shuyan witnessed death for the first time, at such an unexpected moment.

    As far as the eyes can see, there are barren everywhere, it turns out that this is war.

    Li Shuyan could hardly stand up, someone bumped her from behind, Li Shuyan fell to her knees and looked at a dead body.

    The crowd was crowded, and a huge force pressed Li Shuyan's head and neck down. She watched the corpse getting closer and closer to her, and she could almost smell the breath of death on the man.

    The scythe of the god of death has almost hooked the corner of Li Shuyan's clothes.

    boom--

    Not far from Li Shuyan, another bomb landed. Li Shuyan saw the high-speed rotating shrapnel flying in her direction, but she couldn't stand up.

    Li Shuyan closed his eyes.

    Poof—

    the sound of metal getting into flesh.

    The expected pain did not appear, Li Shuyan opened his eyes and saw Zeng Manwen with a pale face.