Not My World (Sun Wukong x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Here you go... um.." The brunette says while handing me money for the order. I tell him my name, knowing that's what he was searching for, while I take the money for the order. "Thanks. Enjoy your meal." I say as I give them both a little nod before turning around to leave. A sigh escapes my lips as I see a bunch of small monkeys around the tuk-tuk, treating the vehicle as a climbing toy. I walk over to the monkey covered tuk-tuk and try to figure out how to get the monkeys to leave so I could leave without just shouting at them to scram. "Hey, I really need to use that to go. Could you all go play on something else? Please?" The small monkeys looked at me as I spoke, but instantly went back to what they were doing. Once again I sigh as I shake my head. "Alright little ones, she asked nicely. Go play somewhere else." As if like magic, the small monkeys left the tuk-tuk after Monkey King told them to. Though I expected as much. "Thanks for that." I say without even looking back at the bigger monkey, if I did I'd probably find a smirk on his face like before. Gods, his smirk is just- no, I can't think like that. Thoughts like that will only just make things even more difficult. I have to stick to my plan. Even though I'd love to just give in and truly be a part of this world.

I lightly shook my head of my thoughts and got on the tuk-tuk, taking it back to the noodle shop. The rest of the day went rather uneventful, which I appreciated. MK came to the noodle shop after having his meal with his teacher. The brunette tried his hardest to ask me questions while we worked, especially when there weren't any customers in the shop, but I would avoid them or give vague answers. He really made it difficult to stick to the plan I set. As it came close to closing time the Monkey King's successor pushed a little too hard with getting a question answered, causing me to shout at him. "I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND SO STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!" I didn't truly mean it, but I just can't let him or anyone else get close to me. It hurt my heart when I saw the disheartened expression that consumed his face. "Oh... Okay. I get it. I'm sorry for bugging you then." I wanted to say something I really did, but I couldn't take it back. Instead I just finished up my shift, clocked out, and left. I had to fight back the tears that started to form. He really didn't deserve such a reaction, but what is done is done.

Over the next couple of months I did the same thing as I always did. I distanced myself from everyone around me, I avoided any conflict I could. It honestly sucked, but what could I do? This isn't my world, but with every passing day it felt like I was never going home. Maybe this is my home now, maybe I'll never return to the world I used to belong to. "Maybe I'm stuck here." I mumble to myself, pulling my jacket a little closer to my body as the cool breeze of the autumn afternoon went by. It's late autumn and I'm sitting in a park that isn't far from the apartment building I live in. "Maybe I should just give up on my stupid plan."

"What stupid plan?" I jump at the sound of the familiar voice. I look up at the tree branch above me to see the one and only Sun Wukong, aka the Monkey King. "That's none of your damn business." I didn't mean for that to come out so rudely, but I didn't really enjoy the fact that he had just eavesdropped on my conversation with myself. "Now, now, princess. No need to get all snippy. I was just asking a simple question." I sigh as I look away from the simian, watching the few people in the park have fun. "Either way it's none of your business. Nothing about me is any of your business." A soft hum comes from above before I'm lifted into the tree. A small surprised squeak escapes me. I look at Wukong as I'm placed on the branch with him. "Why did-" A finger is placed to my lips to stop me from talking. I slightly glare at him, waiting for him to remove his finger. "I'm going to ask you one more time, princess, and I expect an answer. What stupid plan?" I look away from him as he removes his finger. I'm grateful he doesn't make me look at him. Though I'm sure he doesn't need me to be looking at him to know if I'm being truthful or not. "Avoid everyone as much as possible to keep from hurting them when I eventually disappear from this world."