"I'm honestly trying to stand up for myself. I'm just..."

"You're scared because of the traumatic experience with Wayan, right, you think if you do stand up for yourself, you'll get hit."

"Yeah."

"I know that trauma all too well. It's antagonizing but you have to live in reality and not the past. Wayan isn't here. You're no longer his victim. Stand up for yourself, Adani," she adviced and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thanks. I'm happy to have you here with me," I told her.

We pulled apart.

"The best revenge on that witch is getting her man," Adonna said and once again, the mischievous smile returned on her face.

"Adonna. No. I'm not doing it," I said.

"Not even a teaser?" she asked.

I rubbed the back of my neck and her eyes popped.

"Wait, you've made-out?" she asked.

"Ssshhhhhhh! His fianceé can walk back in here."

"I wish she would."

"Come on." I took her hand and we walked into my bedroom where I told her almost everything since I've started working here.

"He cares about you," she said once I finished telling her the story.

"What makes you say that?"

"How much employers would make therapy happen for their workers, and the fact that he came after you instead of letting you walk out that gate, he cares."

"I'm convinced but I'm not going to be his sidechick."

"No, ofcourse not. You're going to be his new fianceé ."

I laughed heartedly. "Yeah, I don't think so. Mr. Parriston and I live in two different worlds and I wouldn't be able to fit into his. His mom would have a stroke if she hears we're dating."

"May that stroke limit her vocal cord. She sounds vicious."

~

After half an hour, we were yawning and sleepy more than before. Adonna went back to her bedroom and I fell into a sound sleep.

~

The next morning, as we stepped out from our rooms, shouting greeted our ears.

"What's going on?" Adonna asked.

"Sounds like a shouting match and the winner is obviously Penelope," I answered.

"Should we go up there?"

"That's personal affairs. We should mind our own business."

Adonna and I headed to the kitchen to have our breakfast. Beth was already there doing her usual tasks at the stove. We sat down.

Mr. Parriston entered, a fuming expression captive on his handsome face. He mumbled under his breath but I couldn't make out his words. He moved from the left to right cabinets and then to the electric kettle to make himself a cup of coffee.

"Say something," Adonna whispered and nudged my shoulder.

"I really shouldn't. It's not my place," I whispered back.

"Shit! I wanted this foamy," Mr. Parriston said clearly and heaved a sigh. He tossed the contents into the sink and looked like he was on the brink of a break-down.

"Adani," Adonna whispered again and her eyes instructed I should offer my help to him.

"Mr. Parriston, I can help with your cup of coffee," I said to him. I didn't wait for a response. I got off my chair, got a clean cup and headed over to the coffee machine where I prepared a fresh cup of foamy cappuccino  for him and drizzled some chocolate at the top.

I handed it to him.

"Just what I wanted. Thank you so much," he said.

"You're welcome." I smiled my luminous smile at him, remembering his compliment about it. Indeed, he mirrored it and appeared more relax before he walked out of the kitchen.

Timing the moment he usually finishes his breakfast, I went to the private room he eats in.

I knocked, waited and then entered when he said so.

"Hi."

"Hi. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes and no. I'm having a shitty morning but I'll be fine."

"What's wrong?"

"Everything about what I decided to let happen."

"What do you mean?" I asked with confusion. What did he let happen?

"Don't worry about it."

"Maybe I should if it's letting you malfunction."

He looked at me with a smirk before breaking into a smile.

I wish you would smile more. You're even more handsome when you do.

"Thank you, Adani."

"Huh?" I asked.

"I'll smile some more because I'm more handsome when I do that," he quoted.

"I said that aloud?" I asked.

"Yes. You did. I heard every word," he said.

"So did I!" another voice snapped. The door pulled in and Penelope stepped inside, "I knew it. I knew that fucking maid wants you!" she yelled furiously and made a launch at me.

_________________
A/N

😑

Next update is schedule for Sunday. (could be before so stay tuned)

Dropping The Crownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें