"Right!" Bruno cupped his face, wanting to scream as he remembered how rough and violent he had been restraining the imps. "Are these guys really a threat? Half of their group are kids?"

"Why are there kids in the fucking Abyss!" screeched Bam, with Bruno covering his mouth with his hand to muffle the following series of swears.

Junior straightened himself. "You don't think they are a threat?" he asked Bam and Bruno with a flat voice.

"I..." Bam glanced away, then turned to the man and the woman. "You captured Jules, right?"

"Who?" The man frowned.

"Jules! The guy who infiltrated your group!"

The man and the woman looked at each other, still confused.

"Someone infiltrated our group?" repeated the woman softly.

"I think we would know if someone had," the man smirked slightly.

"And what about Talon?" pressed Bruno.

"Again, who are these people?" asked the man.

"You beat up Talon!"

"Is Talon one of you guys?" the man motioned to the monsters and prisoners that had suffered more significant injuries in the scuffle.

"No! They-re..."

Bruno and Bam looked at each other, then at Junior.

"Are they tricking us?" asked Bruno.

"Or is Annika the one tricking us?" asked Bam.

Junior swallowed, hesitating before finally replying, "how about you ask her yourself?"

*

Using the Raining Marshes in the distance as a focus point, Lili and Corinna attempted to find their way back to the village. Lili kept her eyes focused on their destinated; however, try as she might, she would occasionally glance at her side to Corinna, the woman giving her a gentle smile when she did.

Focus, Lili told herself, a twinge of guilt whenever she indulged in remembering back to the cave. How long had they been gone? She must have missed so many of her duties. What would the princess say? What if-

There was a snap of a twig nearby. Lili flinched, quickly glancing around for the origin of the noise. "Stay sharp," she hushed. "I think there's..." Lili froze. She turned around and found that Corinna had vanished.

She was alone.

"Miss Warren?" Lili mumbled. She could have sworn that Corinna had been right beside her. How long ago did she look behind to see Corinna? If only she hadn't been so stubborn and tried to avoid eye contact! "Miss Warren!" She shouted, but there was no response.

Corinna must have just wandered off, right? No, she wouldn't do that without telling her; something must have-

"Corinna!" Lili yelled, drawing her sword and donning her tiger mask. "Corinna!"

*

"I'm really sorry about what happened," Bam forced a laugh as he untied the ropes restraining Dex, hesitant and scared that the tall, broad man would use the opportunity to attack, but Dex remained peaceful.

"It's okay," said Calanthe sweetly, sniffing away the remnants of her tears.

Dex's face scrunched up in disagreement, but Calanthe gave him a warning look.

"You didn't know," continued Calanthe. "You were told lies."

The imps were finally free, too, a few having detransformed into their human children selves and clinging onto Calanthe and Dex, causing their previous enemies to feel even more guilty.