Chapter forty || Happily ever after

Começar do início

Looking up tears in my eyes I almost can't believe what I've just heard. These are a gift from Val, she's already given me so much. "Don't cry you're going to ruin your makeup." Wiping the tears away a smile forms on my face. "Something old, borrowed, and blue." She helps me put the necklace on, then pats my arm staring into my eyes. I never realized how similar they were to Nathan's. "There's something else I wished to say." 

"Oh," whatever it is I hope she gets to it fast dad's supposed to come get me soon and I don't think it'd be wise to be late to my own wedding.  "You are the best damn thing that's ever happened to my grandson." I'm taken aback Lucy doesn't normally curse so when she does I'm shocked. "Before he met you he was this scared shy little thing. He talked about you often like y'all were already dating." 

If I didn't already know about Nathan's little crush on me beforehand I would've died of how cute this all is. "Then y'all started dating and when I tell you I saw a change in that boy. You lit his whole world on fire, and I was very upset when he left you. Trust me he got a call or text from me once a month about how disappointed I was at how he ended things." My eyes start to water but for the sake of my makeup I hold them back. "And trust me when I tell you that boy he worked hard to make up for what he did. The first thing he ever told me when he came back was that he didn't know how or what he was going to do just that he'd make it up to you." 

She takes my hand and whispers, "I want you to go out there and blow my grandson away by how gorgeous you look." She's leaves right as my father enters wearing a similar grey tux to Baxters with a rose gold tie. "Are you ready?" 

"I've never been more ready." I then take his arm in mine and we wait for the music to start. 

𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧

I'm standing at the altar waiting for the music to start, waiting for the love of my life to walk down the aisle so the two of us can finally get our happily ever after. Suddenly it's as if every little, and major moment in my life was preparing me for this one thing.

A month is all we had to plan this wedding, it's what we both wanted. Everyone came together to make today happen, everyone deserves an award for all the hard work and effort that went into today. Honestly looking at how much we transformed the park it doesn't look like it took a month to plan at all. 

To the right of me stands my friends James and Neil. The music starts Lucy and Benny are the first to come. Benny is even wearing a tux. They take their seats in the front row as Aria and...Luke make their way down standing on Abby's side. I look their way confused not that I'm not happy to see Abby's little brother, but we planned for it to be Aria and Julian. Mainly because I wanted to finally give those two the push they need. Luke says, "Julian texted last minute he couldn't make it." My heart sinks for Aria.

With all my attention being on my soon to be sister-in-laws drama I completely forgot where I am. Until Ellie is standing next to Aria her basket which had been full of flowers now empty. Next come the twins each holding a pillow with a ring on it, and then...my eyes find hers and for once today my heart settles. She's the prettiest out of them all, and I swear she's going to kill me before we even get married. 

Her father is by her side walking with her the whole way, whispering to make her laugh. It kills me a little not knowing what they're talking about, what he's saying that's making her laugh like that? But it's none of my business this is their private moment I wouldn't take it away from her even if I could. 

We're staring at each other both too excited to even care about anyone else. The minister speaks, we just look at each other. Finally, it's time for the vows and we break eye contact long enough for me to think straight. We were given the choice to say the traditional vows or write our own, and we picked to do our own. It wasn't hard coming up with something. Even though I've already confessed my love, I could tell Abby I love her a million different ways and never run out of things to say.