1.

Meredith stood at the sink with her daughter sitting on top of the counter as her mother did her hair. today was the day Aurora was going to be seeing her father in a while.

Nathan was supposed to pick up Aurora last week but he never showed up. and the few weeks before then they hadn't seen him because he was on a work trip.

Meredith had told Aurora that the reason he didn't show up last week was that he had to stay an extra week in Manhattan even though she knew that wasn't the case because she had texted Nathan that night asking him why he wasn't there to pick up their daughter.

he replied with an explanation that he had met a woman there and he was going to be staying at her place for the next few days, but she didn't want her daughter to know that her own father chose a woman he had just met over his daughter.

once Meredith finished with Aurora's hair and she was dressed in the dress that she had picked out the night before.

"what do you think, do you think Daddy will like it?" Aurora asked with a bright smile.

"I think he'll love it," she smiled back.

if she was going, to be honest with herself she didn't think that Nathan would show up, of course, she wanted him to show up but she only wanted him to show up because Aurora wanted him to show up.

if it were up to her she wouldn't have to deal with Nathan at all but she knew if they did do that then one day Aurora would resent her for it and if she wasn't going to see her father Meredith wanted it to be up to her.

"Can we go wait outside for him outside?" she asked, turning around and hopping off the sink counter.

"I don't Rori, it's getting kind of cold outside-" she said but Aurora still really wanted to wait for Nathan outside.

"fine, we can wait for him outside. go put your coat on," she told her.

Meredith didn't even know if Nathan was going to show and she definitely didn't want to stand out in the cold waiting for him to show up, but it's what Aurora wanted so she was going to do it.

she put everything that she had used for Aurora's hair before she followed Aurora downstairs after she found Aurora waiting for her at the top of the stairs.

"You walk too slow," she said as she ran down the stairs, Meredith right behind her.

"Your feet are much younger than mine, and these shoes aren't helping," she said when she reached the end of the stairs and they went into the foyer.

"You're the one who always has to wear heels," Aurora rolled her eyes as if the answer was obvious.

"Well, if I didn't I would be as tall as you," she said as she picked up Aurora's black coat.

"Arms," she slipped her arms through the coat before she crouched down to her daughter's level to button her up.

"When do you think he'll be here?" Aurora asked as she started getting impatient.

"I'm not sure, babe, but hopefully he'll be here soon," she smiled as she stood up and moved to put on her coat.

"What do you do when I go to Daddy's house?" she asked as she started putting on her shoes.

Meredith didn't really know how to answer that because Aurora hadn't been to her father's in a while.

"I clean the house, I go to work, I read, and do a bunch of other things that you would probably find very boring," she told her.

"A lot of things you do I find are boring," she responded.

"What about when I play dolls with you, is that boring?"

"No, that's very fun, except when you do my dollies voices wrong,"

"Okay, now that we've got our coat and shoes on, you still want to wait for your Dad outside?" she asked, hoping she would change her mind about standing outside in the cold.

"Yes, but I need to get my bag first," she said before running upstairs and into her room to retrieve the bag that she brings to her father's.

While she was waiting for Aurora to come back downstairs she heard her phone ring. she picked up her phone from the table next to her.

She saw that it was her friend Addison who she worked with at the hospital. she texted her reminding her that she had a surgery in a few hours, so she only now hoped that Nathan wouldn't take too long to pick up Aurora.

a few minutes later Aurora came downstairs with her backpack and Meredith opened the front door for Aurora and they both went outside to wait for her father.

any title suggestions for this story???