Chapter 13

The rest of the day went by pretty uneventful; Jason still hadn't shown up and I was getting worried. He took off after being all weird in the corridor and he hadn't contacted anyone since. I wondered what he meant in the corridor? Me, Matt and some other dudes that were Jason's friends tried calling and texting him, but he wouldn't answer anyone. As me and Sin neared home, Sin turned transparent so Aaron wouldn't see him. So lucky he had his ghostly powers. Imagine the type and range of pranks you could do with that power! You could take videos without people knowing, you could sneak up on people and scare them and much more! Amazing... I sighed happily in my daydream about pranks and mischief when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I let out a scream and span around.
I glared at Sin as he laughed so hard tears were rolling down his cheeks.
"You were thinking about mischief so I decided to prank you, simple," he said once the laughter had died down.
Huh? How did he know that?
Seeing my confused face he added, "you always have a mischievous glint in your eye whenever your thinking something evil," he said chuckling slightly.
He noticed that? He noticed that!
Noticing my happy face he asked why I was smiling so much.
"You noticed that," I said, smiling.
"Yeah, well, it's pretty easy to figure it out. Doesn't take a genius to notice it," he said coldly, rolling his eyes.

And the defences were back up, ladies and gentlemen.

"Oh," I simply said, my smile wiped off my face.
My heart sank a little when he said that, and I have no idea why.
We walked in silence the rest of the way home, Sin invisible again.
"Bye Sin," I whispered into the clear air once we had reached the front door.
I had no reply.
He had proberly gone already.
I sighed, disappointed, and went into the house. Maybe Jason will be back tomorrow and Sin would be out of the mood he was in?

I hoped for the last one more.