03. 𝘏𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

Song: Tired of me by Karina Grace

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

"Nobody will want to keep a fag under their roof, be grateful I took you in, shut your damn mouth."

"Y-yes, sir." I stutter, feeling the blood dripping from my hairline.

"Glad we have come to an understanding, now on your knees, you stress me out."

I feel my eyes begin to shut as the exhaustion catches up to me, my head is throbbing and my ribs might as well be on fire.

Hearing the door slowly creek open but choosing to not acknowledge it.

"Asher sweetie, I know you're tired, we will get you out of here as soon as possible."

When we found out my so-called brother wasn't going to show up the same day they gave me a single cell to sleep in which again, doesn't help the whole 'so you don't feel like a criminal' thing. What the fuck did I do, drink too much tea? Kyan would agree with that statement, I think he's the human version of a headache.

I slowly open my eyes, avoiding eye contact at all costs. I'd rather kiss a flamingo than look some random dude in the eyes.

"Asher, this is your eldest brother Alessandro." I notice her pointing at the taller muscular man standing beside her.

Holy fucking shit, if I thought maxwells hits hurt he has nothing on this dude, I shouldn't get on his bad side.

Maxwell had a set of rules which were pretty similar to the rules in all of my previous foster homes;

One, don't speak unless spoken to.

Two, don't say 'no' — no matter the circumstances.

Three, no dodging the glass being thrown at me — and then clean it up with your hands.

Four, no leaving the house without asking permission, if you have permission you can leave but you still have a punishment when you get 'home' — school is the only exception.

Five, talking remains a whisper, you don't deserve to have a voice.

Six, do what you are told no matter what it is and don't even think about arguing.

Seven, don't correct him.

Eight, breakfast must be prepared by six in the morning and dinner is served at half passed four in the afternoon.

Nine, must refer to him as 'sir' unless a social worker stops by to check in then it's 'Max'.

Ten, then the most important rule: No telling anyone what goes on in that house, this includes no hospitals under any circumstances.