‘I know how adrenaline works. It is a stupid mammal thing. Nature is stupid. What is the point of limiting the body? As a symbiote, all I know is complete destruction or total harmony. Anything else is pointless.’

Eddie raises a brow as Patrick pots another two, almost clearing the table now. ‘You are one gloomy old man, V.’ She teases, though, is half distracted as she watches another three balls being pocketed.

‘We could have beaten him. You were holding back, too, Eddie, even without using me.’

Eddie chuckles at his snooty tone, smirks when Patrick glances up at her and smirks as he pots another ball without even looking.

‘Nobody likes a show-off, Patty.’

‘Pot. Kettle.’ Eddie’s smirk widens when he only grumbles back, clearly can’t find a reason to disagree. “Well, I guess I owe you a drink.” She nods her approval when Patrick pots the 8 ball. “Nicely done, Detective.”

Patrick chuckles, feels his stupid cheeks heating. “It’s cool. All drinks tonight are on me.” He places the cue back on the empty table just as she does. He then, feels his cheeks heat even more and his heart leap when she arches a brow and smirks at him. “This isn’t a date, I swear. I just believe that if you ask anyone out, friend, family, colleague, or whatever else, you should be the one to pay for the night. So...” He smiles sheepishly, “You ever wanna ask me to hang out, or whatever... you can pay for dinner... or drinks.”

Eddie smiles, a real smile. She nods. “I like that.” Lord only knows (and Venom) how many men (in particular) have taken advantage of her half formed fame. “Deal.” She nods again, holds out her hand.

Patrick grins, shakes her hand, and absolutely tries to ignore the lovely tingly feeling her skin pressed against his gives him, just for those few seconds.

Venom, however, is deadly silent now. He doesn’t know quite what to think or feel in that moment Eddie’s hand touches the Detective’s. He doesn’t say a thing, doesn’t want to panic Eddie, doesn’t want to panic, himself. Only, he’s not all that panicked, he realises. Instead, he feels... happy? Maybe. But also... annoyed. Because why Patrick, of ALL people?! Ugh!

“What’re you drinkin’ next?” Patrick asks, grabbing his wallet from his back pocket.

“Shall we do a couple of tequila shots?” Eddie grins mischievously.

“You tryin’ to see me wasted?” Patrick shoots her a withering look. “I mean, I can drink, but... I’m guessin’ I can’t soak up as much as you can with Venom... ‘shoved up your ass.’” He grins when she chuckles.

Eddie bites back another laugh when Venom grumbles angrily in between her ears. “Let’s see what you got, Detective. Bar’s pretty busy, so better order multiples.”

Patrick rolls his eyes, but is smirking at her over his shoulder as he turns and makes his way through the crowds and over to the busy bar.

‘You are TOTALLY flirting with him! You are cheating on me!’ Venom hates that even in her thoughts his voice is one step away from cracking... from the pain.

Eddie scowls down at the empty pool table. ‘I am not flirting with him! It’s called ‘friendly banter,’ Mister I’m-So-Jealous-Of-Even-The-Goddamn-Mail-Man-Sayin’-Good-Mornin’-To-My-Girlfriend!

Eddie grits her teeth, has to bite her tongue from saying her words out loud. When another group move towards the empty pool table, she quickly moves to find the nearest unoccupied table. She luckily finds one quick, a small table just under the iron and marble spiral staircase.