Eddie can’t help laughing at that, just as her phone buzzes in her pocket. She scoffs when Venom snatches the remote out of her hand. Though, she can’t help smiling again at those tiny little inky digits as he wraps two around the remote and uses the third to flick through the channels.

Eddie grabs her phone from her pocket, finally slides out of her leather jacket and makes herself more comfortable. “It’s Pat.” She says when she finally checks the message.

She chuckles when Venom scoffs. “What does he want? Another favour? Hm?” He doesn’t bother turning his head as he races through the channels to find something good enough to watch (Wednesdays are always so dull!)

Eddie smirks, but doesn’t tease him. “No, actually. He was just congratulatin’ me on the article about John.”

“Hm. I sense snooping.” Venom finally settles on a rerun of The Big Bang Theory before finally turning to face her again. “It’s clear he’s trying to get you to like him... it’s pathetic, it really is. I bet the next text he sends is something along the lines of, ‘so, what are you up to right now? I just got out of the shower. Blah, blah, blah.’

“Oh, V, jealousy is so unbecomin’ on you.” Eddie really can’t help the teasing, it’s his own fault, she swears. He merely rolls his eyes, watches her check her phone when it buzzes again and can’t help smirking when she starts laughing. “Holy shit, that is hilarious.”

“I told you.”

“And word for damn word... well, minus the blah, blah, blah part.”

Venom is now simply grinning because he enjoys that sweet laugh of hers, especially when it comes straight from her belly.

“Amazin’.” Eddie shakes her head, still slightly in disbelief.

Venom can’t help preening slightly, but also, he just has to say – “And if I was to share you with anyone, it would have to be Dean Winchester from ‘Supernatural’!

Eddie chuckles. “Pretty sure the actor’s happily married with kids, V.”

“What about Thor? He has THEE most fabulous hair, Eddie! The hair of a God!”

Eddie doesn’t disagree, of course. Though, she’s wrinkling her face in amusement... and intrigue. “Is this you comin’ out to me, V? You sure you’re not fully gay?”

“For Thor? Yes. Most definitely.”

Eddie laughs at that toothy maw of his. “He really does have fabulous hair, doesn’t he?”

THEE most fabulous!”

Eddie checks her phone when it buzzes again, chuckles again when Venom grumbles something unintelligible. “He wants to meet for drinks tomorrow night. Just as friends. He’s very specific on that.” She chuckles again, shakes her head, because he’s really just too adorably transparent... a little bit like someone else she knows...

“You better not mean me.” Venom mutters out with a glare.

“Of course not.” Eddie smirks when he scoffs in response. “Wanna go tomorrow?”

“Don’t let me stop you from having fun... without me.”

Eddie roll her eyes, even if she does feel bad for him. “I won’t keep you hidden forever, V... what Magneto said kinda shook me a little. It’s humans we have to deal with. And whether they believe the part about you needing to kill them to survive or not, I don’t know if that’s a risk we should take. I don’t wanna fuckin’ lose you, you stuck up, mean asshole.” She quickly ends that kind of talk when both her throat and heart clench painfully at the mere thought.

“That would have sounded a lot nicer without the insult.” Venom grumbles out to keep himself from smiling gleefully. Plus, he’s happy when it makes her laugh, because he can clearly see the slight shine to her pretty ocean orbs.

“A few friendly drinks won’t hurt.” Eddie quickly moves the topic back, grins when he huffs. “I’ll let you eat someone afterwards.” She coaxes in a quiet and slightly sing-song tone.

“You will?”

Eddie nods.

Venom is still suspicious. “No kidding? You promise?”

“Cross my symbiote infested heart.”

“Add in another head and I’ll let you dry hump him?”

“Absolutely not, you fuckin’ dirtbag.” Eddie slaps him upside his noodle-head, glares when he only laughs. Little shit. “What am I now – your whore?” She scoffs loudly, takes a few gulps of her beer.

“No.” Venom bites out, slowly floats closer to her.

Eddie’s eyes widen slightly when he sounds rather angry, though, quietly so, his words low, almost gritted out.

“I DON’T like that word.”

Eddie chuckles when he makes a face, adorably doesn’t even want to say the word.

“You are mine... and Annie’s.” Venom starts off serious, but can’t help teasing. “I sometimes wonder if you are the one who’s in love with her.”

Eddie rolls her eyes. “Funny.” She huffs. “You don’t know what it’s like to have a best friend you barely get to see anymore.” She’s not bitter, she swears...

YOU are my best friend, Eddie... Annie comes in pretty close, though.” Venom grins cheekily when she narrows her eyes at him.

“Tell me more about this planet of yours.” Eddie says after a few moments of comfortable silence just watching the TV.

Venom turns his floating head to face her again. “It is not too different from the deserts of this planet. Only some small pockets of vegetation spread here and there. But it is mostly barren.”

“Sounds kinda... lonely.” Eddie says, voice soft and quiet as she tries not to get to lost in her thoughts.

“We are a hive species. We mostly lay dormant until our creator needs us again. Each time he comes upon a star, or if he’s lucky enough, another Celestial, he simply pulls one of us up to consume the hosts... it is... lonely, Eddie.” Venom nods, look slightly more sad than he feels. Though, he’s... touched by her sympathy and heartache towards him. “But I would rather roam my planet truly alone than to be with those... monsters... I never knew why I felt different until I came here... until I met you, Eddie...” Venom grins when she smiles that pretty smile, just for him. “Although... I have to admit... it would be nice if there was another symbiote... one just like me... it would be nice to have someone just like us... wouldn’t it, Eddie?”

Eddie knows he’s not teasing, not with that sweetly mumbling tone and that adorable look for approval. She thinks about it for a few moments, decides that in fact – “Yeah, actually...” She nods, smiles softly back up at him. “It’d be nice to have another person who truly understands. Just a friend, y’know?”

“Like Annie!” Venom chimes all to excitedly.

No.” Eddie bites out, shoots him a withering look. “You do NOT go around impregnatin’ my friends!” She hisses when he only cackles loudly – the fucking audacity of this alien beast!

You only have ONE friend, Eddie... well, two, if you include me.” Venom states smugly.

“Right now, I really don’t, no.” Eddie scoffs out, leans back into the couch and lifts her feet onto the coffee table. “Fetch me another beer, you little hog-bat.” He scoffs loudly, but she’s grinning to herself when he does as he’s told anyway. “And still no. Anne would have a nervous breakdown if she found out she was expectin’ a baby symbiote of her own.”

Venom snorts. Obviously I would ask her first, Eddie. I’m not a monster, remember?”

“Just checkin’, babe.” Eddie can only chuckle when a tiny tendril sprouts out to slap her upside her head.