“No. Why do you ask that? And now, Venom is just confused.

“I don’t know. I mean, I know we’ve been together for a while, but I don’t actually know all that much about... well, any of this.” Eddie motions a hand between the two of them. “I just thought that maybe my body was somehow finally rejectin’ you...”

Venom can’t help smiling gleefully, because he feels the warmth over her adorable concerns over him. “Not many of my kind find the perfect host. But when we do, there is perfect balance between symbiote and host. Both sides of our bond grows stronger together... I think this is also how you are able to take control.”

“How do you know all this?” Eddie asks, definitely intrigued now that he’s finally talking about his kind. She’s noted it’s not something he likes to do, so never bothered to ask until now.

“Knowledge is passed down from all generations. And I am 998th of my line. Carnage was 999th. No need for studying when you already know almost everything.”

“Well, whatever. He wasn’t so tough after all.” Eddie scoffs. “Kasady was the real mean one. I almost felt sorry Carnage. I know what it’s like to be the third wheel.”

“Anne and Dan?”

“Yep. Mmhm.” Eddie sounds more bitter than she really is. She swears. She’s over it now, anyway.

Venom can’t help scoffing out a laugh. “My spawn was not so easily matched to Kasady. It is the same reason we were able to defeat Riot. They were both very jealous of us, Eddie. I could smell it all over them.”

Eddie chuckles at his smug little smirk. “You’re not too shabby at this slow dancing. I’m impressed.” She smiles as he swirls her around again.

“You are?” Venom knows he sounds pathetically helpless, but also finds he tends to care less and less the more and more it happens around her... because of her.

“Mmhm.” Eddie can’t help smirking when he narrows his eyes, lets out a small, but deeply rumbling growl of annoyance before hauling her chest against his own. She somehow suppresses a shiver as his huge paw like hand tightly grips her waist, his other still curled warmly around her own puny hand. “So... that’s how I was able to break free when Magneto was attacking us?” She finally asks.

Venom adores the clear look of intrigue on that ever lovely face. He also can’t help preening a little over her wanting to know more about their bond, or about him in general. He doesn’t like to talk all that much about his past on his home planet, but also feels like he would tell Eddie absolutely anything if she simply asked him. And that somehow brings him a little more peace, the only kind he’s ever know, because of Eddie.

“Yes. You saved us, Eddie.” Venom’s voice is low and soft as he finally actually registers that fact (at the time, he was a little too pissed off and in pain to actually notice.) However, the tender moment – with those pretty ocean orbs staring back up at him – is suddenly ruined when the YouTube play list shuffles onto the next (awful) song.

“No!”
“No!”

Eddie’s horror is cut short by her amusement over their perfectly timed and equally disturbed reactions. She chuckles as a tendril shoots out towards the laptop, pausing the song altogether before even attempting to find another.

“I understand anal sex, but what does ‘what-what in the butt’ even mean? Just stupid.”

Eddie can’t help chuckling at his words. Though, she is rather annoyed, because – “Didn’t you say that Anne put the play list together for you?” She glares when he nods. “I’m gonna kill her.”

Venom grins. “I think she is trying to play matchmaker, Eddie.” He chuckles, simply amused by his friend’s sense of humour.

Eddie grins up at him when the song ‘Arizona’ suddenly begins floating softly in the background. She’s so glad he’s got a little rock and roll side to him, just like herself. Kings of Leon is as much as a favourite for him as they are for her. It’s the little things that have always mattered to her. But maybe that’s just because she’s a writer, and likes to keep the small moments logged away forever (whether she writes them down or not – not that she could ever forget with a certain symbiote with a photographic memory.)

“What a sentimental old gentleman, you are, V.” Eddie can’t help grinning up at him, though, only half teasing. He glares only very slightly this time, swirls her around and pulls her immediately closer. She lets him dance with her a little more before finally working up the nerve to speak again. “Tell me about this Knull guy.” She’s careful as she finally asks, doesn’t want to upset him.

Venom frowns slightly, but only because of how much he despises his creator. Still, he knows he can tell Eddie absolutely anything. He continues to sway them both gently, slowly gliding around the small space of her bedroom as he answers her. “He is a god of darkness. The creator of all symbiotes. Born from a primordial and endless void in between the 6th and 7th realms. He  has control over the void, but thankfully, he is the not the Darkness itself, like he claims to be. He would be unstoppable otherwise... he practically already is anyway. He created the first symbiotes when the Celestials tried to invade his kingdom of darkness. He created the first symbiote in the form of a sword, and decapitated a Celestial. He used the head’s divine power to refine the blade, creating the first metaphysical connection between the primordial symbiote and the slain cosmic god. That is the true source of his power.”

“So, he just used you guys as weapons? That’s all you ever were to him?” Eddie scoffs, sarcastically drawls out, “He sounds like a wonderful god.”

Venom grins that dopey-ass grin again – because she really does care about him. He can feel her anger and bitterness. “There is no selfless god, Eddie. Gods create their subjects in their own images. Whether they realise it or not. Because that is the only image they have.”

Eddie smirks slightly, is teasing, but also impressed as she says, “You really are very insightful when you wanna be. Sometimes I forget how smart you actually are.” She chuckles lightly when he only grins before spinning her around again. “You think you could teach me how fight?” She doesn’t know why she feels stupid and nervous, but she somehow still manages to keep talking when he pauses all movements and shoots her a curious look (his huge head adorably tilting.) “No offence, V, but it would be nice to be able to protect myself. I mean, obviously, I could just, in theory, slap someone around the face and they would go flyin’ because of the super strength, but it would be cool to learn some real moves.”

“I don’t need to teach you how to fight, Eddie.” Venom chuckles at her withering glare. “You remember ‘The Matrix’ movie?”

Eddie shoots him a slightly suspicious look as she just as cautiously asks, “It’s that simple?”

Venom grins, somewhere in between mischievous and excited. “It’s that simple.”

Eddie smirks, mumbles rather challengingly, “Show me.”