You too can be a hero

AN: This is the first fanfic I'm trying to write that I care about. I haven't seen a lot of people do this crossover that I think would be entertaining so I'll do it. Also there won't be other characters from Naruto other than Might Guy and Lee, or i guess Might Duy but he's unimportant in this story. Also, Lee will be in class B, ik most people don't know them well but I want to make his road to glory even more sweet.

Rock Lee, most people call him a hopeless loser without a quirk. But no one believes in Rock Lee more than Rock Lee. In order to achieve his dream in becoming a quirkless hero, he trains everyday in his life. Pushing his limits to the extreme. However with the whole world against him, even he can't do it alone.

It all started with a class of kids running laps around a track at school. With the whole class picking on a certain child with Bushy eyebrows and a bowl cut.

"Dummy! Why bother? You'll never be a hero!" Said one bully, in which the kid replied "Will do!"

"There's no way a kid who doesn't even have a quirk can ever be a hero!" Said a second bully. "Yes I can!" The kid retorted.

 "Whatever I don't get why you're even trying to be a hero when you don't have a quirk and you're still worse than average at fighting, it's idiotic!" Said another bully. 

"Hey! You know what everyone here is calling you right?"

The kid, already knowing what they will say, covers his ears.

"DORK-LEE, DORK-LEE, DORK-LEE!"

The kid now known has Lee, couldn't take it anymore, ignoring his instructor yelling at him, he runs off into the woods with nobody bothering to go after him.

Lee's pov

I ran into the woods, ran away from them, ran away from their remarks. The only one I met that doesn't despise me is Guy-sensei, but literally no one else supports me. Is what they are saying true? Is my hard work going to pay off? Can I really become a hero without a quirk? I'm trying my best, but will it pay off?

"Snap out of it me! My hard work will pay off, I will prove them all wrong! I will prove that hard work beats talent. I just need to work even harder!" I said to comfort myself

 I went to a nearby log fueled by what Guy sensei would call 'flames of youth', started kicking a nearby log to start training.

"If I can't do 500 kicks then I will do 2000 squats!" I said to myself.

Might Guy's pov

I heard noises as I was going to my favorite spot in the woods, it sounds like a kid counting. As I got closer to the kid, I can see him more clearly now. A bowl cut, bushy eyebrows, no doubt about it, this is the quirkless child, Rock Lee. 'But what is he doing' I wondered as I see him more clearly.

"404, 405, 406, 407, 408!" Lee counted as he repeatedly kicked a log, which its bark has already been exposed due to the damage it received.

Lee... I'll come back later 

[Time skip]

Narrator's pov

12 hours have passed and Guy came back and Lee was still there, punching the same log, which by this point has markings all around it.

"If I cannot do 2,000 punches, the it is 1,200 jump ropes!"

Lee managed to get to 1,785 before his body gave out. He then got back up and started to do his jump ropes. 

"If I cannot get to 1,200 jump ropes then it is 2,000 kicks!"

Lee just kept succeeding in the jump ropes, he was getting so close, less than a hundred jumps left.

"1,117! 1,118! 1,119! 1,120-"

Lee mistimed the jump and tripped over the rope causing him to slam his head into the log. Lee begins to cry, not from the pain but from his own weakness.

Guy appears from the trees "Lee! Haha, taking a break already?" Guy called out with his confident smile always.

Lee, recovers from his shock that Guy just appeared. "What is it Guy-sensei" Lee said as he began his 2,000 kicks. "If it is about about my messing up on the last assignment, I said I was sorry!" 

"Lee! It's true you're different from the others, you have no quirk or talent in much, and your skills need work. But then again, you have a gift that most don't have, not as flashy but perhaps even more important"

"You do not have to make me feel better" 

"You idiot!" Guy dismissed "You think I'd waste my time with that? Now all I'm saying is you have the gift of perseverance and that's what makes you a genius too!"

Lee's eyes widen as his sensei's words get to him. "But is that true sensei? I wonder, I used to think so, I used to believe that if I just trained harder than them, 2 or 3 times harder, I would make myself strong enough. But now, I am not so sure, I do not know if I will ever be able to work hard enough to beat real talent. I keep thinking all my efforts would pay off. But it is always the same, I am no match for them at all." Lee cries harder, more tears trickling down his face.

"No one believes in me, I do not know if I can take it, sometimes it feels like the whole thing is pointless. Like I'm a loser and I will always be a loser! I do not know what to do!"

Guy speaks up "you're right, all the effort really is pointless... If you don't believe in yourself. Lee, you too can become a hero."

Those words, a short sentence, yet so powerful, sparked a bonfire of hope for Lee.

After a while, Guy and Lee both set down on a large rock ad watches the stars.

"Y'know Lee, we are a lot alike, you and I" Guy starts talking. "You mean the eyebrows?" Lee asked. "Err.. No, I don't mean our eyebrows, you see! I was a loser too once." "What! You were a loser!?" Lee yelled out, shocked. 

"Oh yes indeed, but I made myself the equal of any hero even All Might. And I did it through effort, you say you wanna show the world you can be a splendid hero, even if you don't have all the gifts others were blessed with. That's your dream right? Well I think think that's a fine goal!" Guy grinned "A fine of a goal as I have ever heard and one worth sticking to!"

"Don't let anything steer you off the path you've gone through yourself, forge ahead until the end!" Guy continued "Stick to it Lee! Make me proud! Be everything you can be! Will you do that for me Lee?" Guy asked

"Yes sir!" A teared up Lee replied. Tonight he learned something special. Tonight he has found hope. Tonight, he has found his master.