Chapter 23: The Others From Before

⚠️TW: Abuse, bloody descriptions, etc...

"Dew who was that person in the library?" You ask the ghoul who freezes at the question. A set of amber and blue eyes meet yours and dew let's out a sigh. "One of the previous Papas. His name is Primo." Before the ghoul introduces the papa, he sits up. His ears perk up slightly as the sounds of heels against the cold grey tile floor echo through the hallway. Before either of you could do anything Sister Imperator flings the door open then marches over to the bed and grabs Dew by his arm and tugs him out of your arms. He hits the floor and Sister grabs you by the arm but before she can do anything more Dew grabs her and shoves her backwards away from you. "Leave us alone! We haven't fucking done anything the entire time we've been here!" Dew growls out as he stands in front of you protectively. Then Papa Copia and Chains walks into the room, Dew flinches and shakes as he tries to protect you more. Suddenly Chains lunges at Dew which makes the small fire ghoul yelp and struggle against the strength of the stronger ghoul in the cloak.

You pull Dew away from Chains and tug the ghoul and yourself off the bed then run to the door only to be stopped by Copia and the other ghouls who stood outside the door in the hallway. All the ghouls's eyes were clouded over and pure white, similar Omega and Chains's eyes. Dew whimpers as he sees Chains get back up and Sister get closer holding a needle in her hand. Suddenly Dew grabs your hand tightly and shoves Copia out of the way and runs into the crowded hallway. He shoves through the other ghouls and keeps pulling you down the hallway. The other ghouls growl and run after the two of you but before you know it Papa Nihil and his ghouls round the corner. Dew freezes and goes to turn the other way but gets cut off by the other ghouls that ran down the hallway after the two of you. The only other option was through the open stained glass window, Dew took the opportunity and ran towards it while pulling you along with him. Before Dew jumped he threw you out first then followed soon behind and caught you before you hit the ground.

"W-We need to go, no-now!" He whimpered out then you felt something ooze into your hand, you looked down to see pure obsidian colored blood leaking onto your hand from his abdomen. But before you could respond Chains jumped from the window and landed perfectly behind the two of you. He was followed by Alpha, Omega, and Ifrit. Dew turned around and whimpered as Alpha ran up to the two of you. "Unholy shit! Y/N take my brother somewhere safe. Heal him, hurry before he loses too much blood!" Alpha tells you then you turn to see Ifrit and Omega tag teaming Chains. You nod and scoop the small ghoul up off the ground then running off into the woods behind the ministry. Once in the forest Dew's whimpers turn into cries of pain and distress. You lay him on the ground and put your hand on the wound then your hands start glowing, healing the wound on the ghoul.

Once the wound is healed Dew pulls you close and kisses you. "Thanks...we have to help my brother and the other ghouls." He says then stands, holding his hand out to help you up. Soon the two of you see Alpha, Omega, and Ifrit walk around the corner of the clergy. Dew freezes, "B-Baby run." He whispers as he backs away from the three who only grow closer and closer each second. You grab his hand and pull him with you which catches him off guard. Loud sets of footsteps can be heard behind you and Dew as you both run deeper into the forest. As you run Dew pulls you up into a tree, soon the three ghouls run underneath the branch as you both watch. The fire ghoul next to you let's out a sigh and tries to catch his breath, you do the same moments after. "Y/N, are you ok?" Dew whispers as he keeps an eye out for the three ghouls who ran after the both of you moments ago. "I could be better, I think I might know a hiding spot." You tell him as you take hold of his hand and climb down from the branch.

The two of you hear yelling coming from the interior of the ministry as you walk out of the forest. A set of footsteps runs up behind you and Dew. Soon Alpha tackled you to the ground, grinning wickedly as he tugs his brother down to the ground beside you. "Good game guys~ but I think we won." Alpha says with a demonic voice. Chains approaches the three of you and picks Dew up then whispers something which makes his eyes go the same clouded white as all the others. The tall ghoul then drops him to the ground as he screams in pain while gripping his head and the grass below him. "Aww isn't he adorable?" Chains asks as he makes Alpha hold you down and makes you watch Dew's pain before the small ghoul falls limp into the ground. Then something hits the back of your head and it all goes pitch black.