Chapter 2: Taking Care Of A Ghoul From Hell

Here's your house :)

Your POV:
I was watching TV when I heard something on my front porch, "probably another thing from the woods." You tell yourself but then you start hearing quiet sobs coming from outside and they sound human but with a demonic twist. "This is how people always die in horror movies, I swear to god if it's some serial killer on my damn porch they're gonna get it." you grab a metal bat that you have by your front door for emergencies and open the door.

But when you open the door you're met with a small ghoul with tears running down their face and eyes filled with fear and sadness. You set the bat down and slowly approach the ghoul who tries to scoot away but can't due to the railing of your porch. You hold your hand out and approach the small ghoul, "don't worry I won't hurt you, it's ok let's get you inside before you catch a cold out here." You say softly as the ghouls amber and blue-grey colored eyes meet yours.

Once you bring the shaking and soaked ghoul into your house he stands by your front door worriedly. "Do you need any clothes?" You ask and in response he shakes his head no and unzips his backpack, grabbing a pair of clothes. "At least the backpacks water proof." He says softly with a smile as you lead him to the bathroom so he can change.  You were surprised that ghouls actually existed, you'd only ever been told fables or heard stuff from the Bible and your spell books about them you hadn't actually encountered one.

After showing him around you got to know him a little bit and he got to know you. He told you why he had left and you comforted him as he teared up. Soon you both were hanging out on your couch as he began to drift off to sleep, so you quietly got up and covered him up with the comfiest blanket you could find in that moment. You turned down the tv so he could sleep comfortable and not be woken up due to a loud noise from the show or a commercial.

*the next morning*

Dew was still asleep when you woke up so you started cooking breakfast for the two of you. Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and two cups of coffee. When your heard clawed footsteps on the hardwood floor of your kitchen you turned to see Dew standing in the doorway, his hair was a little tangled as he whipped sleep from his eyes and yawned. When he yawned his extended fangs shown themselves to you, you blushed a little and turned back to making food for the two of you. "Morning Dew, how'd you sleep?" He just hummed in response and sat at your kitchen table. Moments later you set the plate down in front of him, "don't worry I didn't poison it, if I was trying to hurt you I would've already done that. Proof that you're safe here." You say as you rub his back and shoulders.

*after you both ate breakfast*

"Hey Dew, did you hear about the blood moon happening in 3 days?" You ask, looking up from your phone to face him. When you see him his eyes are wide and he freezes. To snap him out of his trance you grab hold of his hands and rub them while saying his name, he turns to look at you and his tail wraps around the pillow behind him against the arm of the couch.

"Do you have another bedroom I can stay in when the moon happens?" He asks as his eyes look at the ground. "Yeah, it's down the hall by the bathroom you changed in when I first found you." Before you can say anything else he walks to it and opens the door. "Promise me Y/N, when it's the day of the blood moon don't open the door no matter what I say or what you hear. Please Y/N, I don't want anything back to happen to you because of me." He says sadly as he looks to meet your worried and curious eyes. You promise him and soon you help him prepare the room with snacks, drinks, and more blankets. He settles into the freshly made pillow nest and his tail starts wagging happily behind him as he runs his horns in the comfy pillows.

You can't help but smile as the ghoul happily rolls around in the bed. But you're still curious what happens when it's a blood moon, and what did he mean by hurt you?

To Be Continued...