02. 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦?

Song: House of Cards by Alexander Stewart

**

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

Watching a grown man trembling at the sight of me twirling my favorite knife between my fingers is as good as the air I suck into my lungs.

"Who fucking sent you!" I bellow.

"They w-would k-ill me if I s-say anything." The average-sized Russian man stutters.

I slid the freshly sharpened knife along his left cheekbone.

"And I will kill you if you don't, quite the predicament you are in aren't you?" I chuckle, watching the crimson liquid slowly flow from his face.

See, my own little sister was kidnapped when she was a baby, I have reason to believe whoever sent this guy to steal from us was somehow behind it. I failed to protect her when she couldn't protect herself, I will not rest until Emily is brought home, or a body is found but I hope it never comes to that.

Emily Rae Bernardi was such a bubbly toddler, she was always giggling about something or other, she brought a lot of light into our world of darkness and I know all of us miss her greatly even if they won't admit it.

My name is Alessandro Diego Bernardi and I am the eldest of 6 children which also means the Mafia was passed down to me on my twenty-first birthday. I am the don of the Italian mafia.

I am often described as emotionless but I couldn't care less.

Emotions are a waste of time and in our line of work, showing emotions is a one-way ticket to death.

I soon notice the man who is now crying isn't going to speak.

"Please just let me go, I have a family." He whimpers.

"So does my sister."

That was the last thing he heard before his throat ended up slit.

Oops.

I used to hate the idea of causing someone harm, but shit changes and we move on.

"I'm heading up to my room, clean up this mess," I ordered one of my men who was standing in the dimly lit basement alongside me.

Before I could even put on my clean suit I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom, quickly wrapped a towel around my waist before exiting my bathroom and locating where the buzzing was coming from.

"What did Mattia do this time?" I think to myself — Recalling all the previous times I have received calls from unknown numbers informing me of his recent undertakings.

"Hello," I say coldly upon answering.

"H-hello, my name is Lorielle Robins and I am a Social Worker for Child protective services located out of Sparks, Nevada. I am currently searching for a Mrs. Benardi or a Mr. Alessandro Bernardi."