*Chapter 7*

>•~𑁍~•<

5 months have passed, Miu and Y/n hung out almost every day. The past few weeks, Y/n slowly noticed that the feelings towards Miu weren't just platonic anymore but slowly, they developed romantic feelings for her. They didn't want to confess though since they were Kaede's closest friend and it would be really weird to date her toxic ex, yet alone her ex. They tried their best to just move on from those feelings, but nothing could make them move on from (the gorgeous girl genius) Miu.

After a while, both Kaede and Miu got over each other and the conversations between the both of them were less awkward than before. At this moment, Miu and Y/n are eating lunch with a couple classmates as known as Kokichi, Kaito, Shuichi and Tsumugi but no one bothered to acknowledge her existence because she was pretty much invisible. "I'm fucking telling you, no one cares!" Miu yelled at Kaito who was also arguing back. "Well I care! So stop calling me an idiot!" He said for the bazillionth time. "I mean, you are." Kokichi added as he scoffed.

"See, even the stupid gremlin agrees." She proudly exclaimed. "Okay, okay, calm down you guys. I want to eat my food in peace." They butted in. Everyone agreed on that (main character moment) and they finished up their food. After they ate their lunch, the school bells rang and they went back to their classes. The long day passed by as they made their way to change their shoes as they saw a note in it.

'Dear L/n Y/n,
Please meet me at the rooftop at 4:15pm. I have something to discuss with you.
-Anonymous'

They read the note and raised their eyebrow confusedly. 'Staying longer in school because of them? Is it worth it? Then again I live in the dormitories anyways. Okay fuck it I'm curious', they thought themselves as they shrugged their shoulders. The 4 people standing next to them were staring at them weirdly for it. Y/n made their quickest way to the rooftop which cost more stamina than it should have. They walked to a bench nearby and waited for the secret person to appear. A couple minutes someone approached them. "Y/n?" That person called for them. They turned around to see Miu. "Ah, hi Miu. Did you leave me the note?" They asked as she nodded. "So what did you want to talk about?" They asked her.

On the inside, they asked themselves why she marked the note as anonymous and why she wrote a note in the first place. She could've just sent them a text or told them in person. "So.. uhm..." She started. She fidgeted with her fingers alot as she tried to form sentences which didn't form. "Fuck." She muttered, barely audible. She took out a text and cleared her throat. "I uhm prepared this just in case this happens... ugh I look so stupid right now." Miu sighed. "No, no its okay. Do whatever is easier for you." They answered. She built up some courage and started reading the text out loud.

"It all started when you helped me out when I was on my worst. I slammed the door shut and pretty much broke your feet. Since that day we've been hanging out a lot more than before, this time not because Kaede forced us to get along but because you really seemed like a cool person. From day to day feelings started to develop that I couldnt ignore." At this point she was already holding the paper over her face to not see Y/n's expression anymore. "I know it's wrong to ask you this stupid question, especially since Kaede is still one of your closest friends and its the friend code to not date your friends ex but... would you be willing to... date... me..?" She finished her note.

Y/n stood there, flabbergasted. They didnt know what to answer and especially didn't know what would be the right thing to do. Follow the thoughts of "you like her, C'mon now, say yes?!" or "no, your closest friend was heartbroken over her. Also she would end up being toxic all over again. Its not worth it. DONT." Miu was standing there (cutely) and waiting for a response from them. "Miu... I don't know what to say." They finally replied. "It's not that I don't feel the same way... but it feels incredibly wrong at the moment. Could I have some time to think about it? I'll give you an answer by Monday." They replied.

It was currently Friday, which meant for the next 2 days they could avoid awkward tension between them and have enough time to give a proper answer. "Oh... yes of course..." She muttered a little disappointed. "I'm sorry Miu but you have to understand. I have to think this through first." They said as they cupped her face. Miu nodded,"Yes, I do understand it." She said as they nodded. "I'll talk to you later then." They said as she nodded. "See you."

Y/n walked back to their dormitory, changed into their pyjamas and flopped onto their bed. They dialed Kaede's phone number and called her. After a few beeps, their friend picked up the call. "Hey Y/n! What's up." She said. "We have a huge problem sister. A huge huge problem." They said with a sigh. "What kind of problem?" Kaede asked. "So... Miu confessed to me today. The problem is I feel the same but I dont know what to do. Number 1 problem is, she's your ex. Problem number 2, she's your toxic ex." They sighed. "Oh." Was the only thing heard from the other line. "You know, I dont really mind if you wanted to get together with her. It's just the... toxic... part of the relationship. She did go to therapy to work through all that but who knows, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. That's the part that scares me the most." They replied. "I think you should think about it carefully. Only once you're sure, you should give her an answer." She suggested. "Yeah you're right. I told her I'll give her an answer by Monday anyways. I'll just think about it for now. Thanks a lot, Kaede." Y/n said. "It's no big deal." Kaede replied.

>•~𑁍~•<

OoOoOoOoOoOoOo another update?! Sorry for the 5 month time skip lmao who tf wants to wait for so long till they can actually date their fictional crush fr... might have crashed the book and I kinda dont like how it turned it out sobs but I'll fix it I promise
-Nova