Chapter 50

Leni was annoyed to say the least. For the past few days whenever she was not busy or she was not with her daughters she tried to spend time with Risa but the senator would always find excuses to leave early after spending time together.

Risa wanted Leni to focus on spending time with Tricia and Jillian before their departure but that didn't mean not spending even a few hours with her.

She understood why Risa always lushed her to spend most of her time with ger daughters but seeing her only for a few minutes was not what Leni expected. She could also feel that Risa was trying to keep more distance between them, which was so not like her.

She was supposed to spend time with Risa one afternoon since the senator was free and her daughters were going to hang out with their friends.

So here she was waiting for the senator with a little frown on her face.

She was determined to talk to her and find out why the senator has been acting weird lately.
If she was doing something wrong she had to know it.
If she was being too pushy for wanting to spend more time with Risa and if Risa was too busy then she had to know it.
But, if Risa didn't tell her what was going on, then how was she supposed to know what the problem was.

After a few minutes of waiting Risa finally arrived.

Leni went to open the door but as soon as she opened it she saw a visibly tired Risa.

Leni opened the door more and Risa took it as a sign to go in.

Risa waited for Leni to close the door and turn around.
As soon as Leni turned around Risa engulfed her in a hug.

Risa held her close and sighed as soon as their bodies touched. She badly needed this and her stiff body immediately relaxed at the touch of Leni.

Leni was taken aback and all the frustration she felt before was long gone. Seeing Risa like this made her heart soften and she immediately wrapped her arms around the senator, wanting to give her all the comfort that she could. Right now her priority was being there for Risa.

Leni didn't question it. Leni wasn't going to pull away anytime soon, not when Risa needed her.

Risa didn't have any intention to let go of Leni either. All the stress fading away just from being held by Leni.

Risa buried her face down to Leni's neck while tightening her hold on the attorney.

She exhaled again and smiled.

"Can we stay like this for eternity?" Risa asked

Leni chuckled "We can stay like this for as long as you need. But I can't promise you that our legs won't give up on us" she joked

Risa smiled softly "I needed this so bad"

"Is there anything I can do?"

Risa softly kissed her cheek and positioned her head near her neck again "You're already helping" she said

They stayed like that in each other's arms until Risa pulled away. She kept her arms around Leni and just lifted her head to have a clear view of the beautiful woman in front of her.

Risa smiled at her "No matter how bad my day was just a small glimpse of you and I immediately feel better" she said

Leni blushed. Now she felt guilty that she was even upset at her just minutes before.