Chapter 3

The kick off of the team Leni-Kiko campaign was near with all candidates busy preparing for their individual and joint schedules.

Leni was super busy with her duties as VP and the preparations for the campaign but at least she had the help of her staff and fortunately of her daughters. She was grateful to have such wonderful young women by her side, they were helping their mom and sacrificing their free time to help her and lessen her chores.

Days went by and Leni was now focused more than ever.

It was another busy day for her at the volunteers' HQ with her staff coordinating with different groups.

She was so busy with paperwork in her little corner that she didn't notice a person taking a seat in front of her.

———————

Risa had a free afternoon after so long and initially she was supposed to spend her free time with her kids but they all had prior appointments so she was left alone in the house. She considered doing some work but upon seeing Instagram posts of Leni's staff she decided to visit her friend.

They both were so focused working that neither had time to catch up with the other in person.

She drove to Quezon City. She arrived at the Leni-Kiko volunteers' HQ and greeted some of Leni's staff.

"Ma'am good afternoon po"

Risa flashed her usual smile and waved at them.

"Good afternoon, pasensya na sa istorbo dito sa HQ. Naisip ko kasi pagdala kayo ng konting meryenda, alam ko super busy nyo."

The staff cheered and took the plastic bags from Risa.

"Thank you po Ma'am, tamang tama po medyo gutom na rin po kame" one of the staff said while the others distributed the siopaos.

"Opo, wala pa po kase kame lunch" another one said earning a hit from someone near her.

Risa frowned upon hearing this, she looked at the time on her phone and looked back at the girls.

"4 pm na hindi parin kayo kumaen?"

"Ah, opo ma'am. Si VP po kasi kanina pa nagtatrabaho sa loob at inutusan na kame kumaen kanina pa, pero sya po pass daw po muna para ma finish nya ibang work don at maka uwi po kame ng maaga. Yun po tuloy na guilty din kame at nag trabaho nalang din po kame"

Risa was speechless. That woman was really stubborn sometimes.

"Pero wag nyo na po banggitin kay VP, kilala naman po natin si Ma'am at ma gi-guilty po sya pag malaman nya. Secret nalang po natin Sen"

Risa smiled and took out her card giving it to the staff.

"Distract ko si VP don sige, mag order kayo ng pizza at isa na rin para sakanya. Libre ko"

The girls squealed and high-fived each other.

"Thank you po ma'am"

Risa then excused her self and went inside of the meeting rooms seeing Leni with a man in front of her.
She furrowed her eyebrows and tried hard to think where did she see him. Then she remembered he was one of the close ins of VP Leni, Cong Kit or something?

She observed them and saw how this man tried to close Leni's folders to make her stop working which bothered Leni a little bit, she could tell.

"Sige na po ma'am, samahan nyo na po ako kumaen kung hindi lagot po ako kay Rona" he said.

*FC to ah, di ba alam ano ang boundaries?* Risa thought

Leni still focusing on her papers only shook her head.