Chapter 11

Risa and Leni spent their time thinking about each other.

Risa wondering if she was ready to pour her feelings out there. Leni being busy in the stage of acceptance of her newly discovered feelings.

—————

Leni was late and on her way to the rally venue, she had to stop because of a courtesy visit to the mayor.

Today it was only her and a few senators. Kiko was not with them since only Leni and the few present senators were being endorsed. At first Leni didn't want to go without her partner but it was Kiko that insisted for her to go, her endorsement was far more important than his.
She felt guilty, she felt like she was leaving him behind but he would always reassure her that it was for this country so he didn't mind. Leni was grateful for him, this really showed the kind of person Kiko was. He was a great man and she had the honor to work with someone with principles and who's been a friend even before her political career.

She arrived a few minutes later and the venue was packed as always. The last senator was delivering his speech and after he finished the other senators were called on stage.
Leni's staff were giving her the papers with her speech and soon after she was called on stage to make her entrance.
She made her way up to the stage and walked to the front waving and accepting a few gifts from the attendees.

She walked back to her seat and she raised her hands with the present senators and the local officials.
She turned to her left and saw that one of the representatives was Sinta, the youngest daughter of the person who's been running through her mind.

She smiled at her and squeezed her hand earning a smile that really remembered her Risa's.

*mini-me talaga ni Risa* she thought.

One of the local officials talked before Leni so they were asked to sit again. From her side view Leni kept an eye on Sinta, making sure she was okay.

When the rally ended they all made their way backstage.
A lot of people wanted to take a picture with Leni and she agreed to all of them.
From her peripheral view she saw Sinta, already with her bag waiting in a corner with one of Risa's staff and sometimes glancing towards her.

Leni called one of her staff and told her to ask Risa's staff if they could wait.

After she was done with the pictures Leni went to Sinta and talked to her.

"Sinta, anak" she called her

Sinta smiled at her and put Leni's hand to her forehead

"Mano po Tita" she said

"God Bless you anak. I heard na you did a good job daw kanina sa speech" she complimented her

Sinta blushed "I hope so tita, kinabahan nga po ako pero I tried my best" she said

"I'm sure your mom is proud of you, and I'm grateful for your effort and support sa campaign"

"Thank you tita, also may pinabibigay po sana si mama sa inyo. Kanina ko pa po gusto i bigay pero andami po kase nagpapapicture" she said while taking something from her bag.

Sinta handed Leni a small paper bag and when she opened it she saw a pack o chocnut, cheetos and kale chips? (eew)

"Bigay ko daw po sa inyo. Baon nyo daw po" Sinta said smiling

Leni blushed and bit the inside of her cheek.

"Tetext ko nalang sya at magpapasalamat nalang ako sakanya" she said and closed the paper bag

One of her staff saw that she was holding something and as usual she was reaching for it a signal that they'd hold it for her. Leni saw this and quickly shook her head