Chapter 27

The next day Leni was busy planning things in her head and she hoped everything would go smoothly so she could give Risa the best first date. Just thinking about it made her feel all the butterflies that were flying in her tummy.

———

Risa woke up feeling better and with a smile on her face. No reason just feeling happy already.

She stretched and looked beside her only to find Sinta gone.

She grabbed her glasses from the night stand and looked at the time on her phone. It was already late in the morning so she got up, took a shower and got dressed.
Risa looked at her phone again if there were messages. There were a few but none from Leni.

*Busy na naman siguro yon* Risa thought.

When she was downstairs she found the house clean and no signs of her kids.

She looked everywhere but still no signs of them so she decided to call them.

"Ma, good morning"

"Good morning anak, asan kayo?"

"Ma naglakad po kame kasama sina ate, hindi na po namin kayo ginising kasi ang sarap ng tulog nyo" Sinta explained

"Okay, what time ba tayo aalis?" She asked

"Nag pa extend po kame ma, kaya chill ka lang dyan at babalik din kame later" she said chuckling

Risa sighed.

"Okay ingat kayo. Call me nalang kung may kailangan kayo dyan" she said

"Okay, see you later ma"

"Bye anak"

Risa ended the call and sighed.

*Ano gagawin ko dito magisa?* she said

She went to the kitchen since it was almost lunch time and looked at the food available. She couldn't find anything that she wanted to eat so she decided to wait fo her kids.

It was a cloudy day so Risa just went to sit by the pool and put her feet into the water.

She was bored and while thinking about what she could eat her mind went back to the night she and Leni spent talking by the pool before the elections.
The memory did put a smile on her face and now not only she was hungry but also missed Leni. Well to be fair she was always missing Leni.

She looked at the time wondering if Leni was busy. Maybe she was cooking so if she called she would just bother her.

Then again she missed talking to her even if they talked last night. So it was her dilemma. To call her or not?

Then someone rang the doorbell.

Risa went to open the door and to her surprise Leni was there.

The older woman who she missed everyday was there, finally, in front of her.

She blinked twice, thrice just to make sure she was not dreaming.

Was she drunk? How could Leni be there in front of her?

Her mouth was wide open. What was Leni doing there? Could it be?

They agreed that they would not see each other until the kids were okay with whatever there was between them, so does this mean they finally accepted it?

Her heart was beating so fast and thousands of whys, what ifs and hows were storming her mind.

She stood there not being able to move just staring at the other woman.