36.Get.Over.It

"Your late."

"I know , sorry there was a lot of traffic."

"We'll next time leave earlier."

I rolled my eyes and began walking to my desk.

"Where's my coffee."

"Oh shoot I'm sorry Wesley I forgot-"

"That's Mr. Petrov."

I gave him an annoyed look. "I'm sorry...Mr. Petrov I forgot." I sat down by my desk

"What do you think your doing?"

"Uh work..like everyone else in this office."

"Don't be smart, get up and go get my coffee."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes ... mr Petrov" I said slamming the door.

I went to the break room to get him some coffee when I began talking to myself.

"Who the hell does he think he is all because he's the head of a company he thinks he can talk to me like that." 

"Talking to yourself I see." I turned my head over to a guy in a blue jump suit with a cart of mail. He's cute.

"Sorry I-"

"It's fine I do it to" he chuckled. "Your that new assistant for mr petrov right."

"Yeah I'm Jada."

He shook my hand. "Nice to meet you I'm Tony the mail guy. So how's it going working for the big man."

"If I'm gonna be honest .... Hell."

"Really? Mr. petrov is always so cool with his employees ."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah every Wednesday he buys breakfast for us he's really chill."

So he was just treating me this way? I was pissed. "I have to go Tony it was nice meeting."

"Yeah maybe we'll meet again."

"Yeah maybe!"

I walked into the office with his coffee upset I slammed down the coffee on his desk.

I started to walk back to my desk.

"Thank y-is this the break room coffee?"

I turned around. "Yes?"

"I don't want this coffee go to the one down at mableton."

"What's the difference it's just coffee".

"The mableton one is better."

"But that one is two hours away and I haven't even started the planning out sheet yet".

"We'll than you better walk fast."

I paused taking everything in.

"Okay.. we'll I guess I'll just depose of this one. " I yanked the coffee off his desk and poured it on his suit. 

"I'll get that coffee for ya" I walked out his office with a smile plastered on my face.

Kaycee barges in my office. "Whoa what happened to you."

"Your best friend happened to me."

"Hm you guys drink coffee weird y'all are meant to be."

"Please don't."

"What?"

"You know we broke up a long time ago."

"I stand by what I believe."

Kaycee was about to walk out the door before I stopped her.

"You did this on purpose didn't you... tell Jada to interview for this job , you knew exactly  what you were doing."

"Justin's waiting for me Wesley I gotta go."

I rolled my eyes as she walked out. 

*****
Jada walked back in with my coffee.
"There." She said with a fake smile on her face.

"You can have it I'm actually not feeling coffee right now."

"Are you serious right now!" Jada threw the coffee at me again.

"I just changed this shirt."

"And I just spent 2 hours getting your dumbass coffee!"

I yanked off my shirt and marched up to Jada our noses almost touching

"Don't think I won't fire you just because we have history together."

"I'll take my chances , wesy bear." She said sarcastically nudging me out the way heading towards the door.

"Where are you going."

"To work somewhere more peaceful, sometimes I wish you were still that quiet boy In highschool " Jada rolled her eyes and walked out.

I didn't mean to be so rude to her it's just there was so much bottled up anger in me when she left.

I walked back into to his office to close out of work for the day. I dropped my paper work in the bin as he was focus writing something.

"Bye Wes-Mr.Petrov have a nice night." I gave him a smile and began walking out.

"Wait, you can't leave."

"Why not I finished all my work for the day."

"There's still paperwork that needs to be done Jada."

I looked over at the stack of paper work at the side of his desk.

You've got to be kidding me

"Is there a problem-"

"Yes theres a problem! I don't get why your so upset with me!"

"Excuse me." He said marching up to me.

"Your the one who said to keep things professional and I'm doing the best I can but you keep holding onto a grudge or old relationship that happened 8 years ago."

"That's what you think it is ? Just some old relationship you were my first love jada and you left!"

I walked closer up to him looking at him dead in the eye. "Get. Over it." I said gritting my teeth as I threw the papers on the ground leaving.