Chapter 10: Supportive friends

Everything has pros and cons, and love too. The feeling of being in love feels wonderful and warm, but it comes with an expensive price, before being in a romantic relationship many experience overreacting about the person they are in love with.

Many tell the person who wants to be in a romantic relationship with another to tell their romantic crush that they have feelings for them. But it is far more complicated than that. It becomes frustrating when your brain starts messing with you, it's like a game, where you can win and lose.

Your brain wants to help you but isn't the best at it. When you talk to this person you love and admire your brain rewards you. But when you overthink the situation your brain is just as confused as your heart.

The hardest part about love is understanding and accepting it.

Hu Tao was sitting in her room, she was tired, no she was exhausted. Normally she'd be able to sleep or just wouldn't be tired but this time it was different. Her brain was messing with her, overthinking about the smallest things.

She bit her thumb, trying to forget about Yanfei. But it was almost impossible, she could see many fantasy scenarios with her and Yanfei as if it was a dating game that had a right option and a wrong one.

Unrealistic Yanfei 1 -> "Hu Tao what is your personal option about Venti? You know the annoying bard that bothers everyone in Liyue!"

OPTION 1: Personally I despise him! He's so annoying!

OPTION 2: He's pretty cool!

(Option 1 is realistically the better option - Everfrost)

The catch was that there wasn't a good option, either way, Yanfei would reply in the same way, rather said the same mood.

"Rude! You don't even know him yet. If you are so fast to judge then I don't think we can be friends! I thought I liked you..."

~•~

Hu Tao checked the clock, she was late for work. Which was unusual for her considering how much she enjoyed her job compared to others.

Hu Tao rushed to her job, quickly putting on her long socks, her brown shoes, and her hat while running.

When she arrived a colleague mentioned how she was late. Zhongli then came up to her.

"Let's not worry about it too much, it's a lot of work to be in the chasm for many days let alone investigate there. Why don't we have a little celebration party for her." Zhongli suggested.

"Huh, sounds quite young for you to suggest that mister Zhongli." The ferry lady chuckled.

"It does indeed," Zhongli replied.

"So Mister Zhongli, do you mind answering this question?" Hu Tao winked.
"Sure."
"Can I invite my friends to the celebration party?" Hu Tao curiously asked.

"Well, I wouldn't consider it a party, if you weren't the one to choose the guests." The ferry lady mentioned.

"Miss Hu Tao must be tired, we can organize everything ourselves for her." A random colleague suggested.

Hu Tao was more than happy, but taking a rest from work? Who was supposed to bury the dead and ghosts?

One whole week was to prepare and rest, meaning that the funeral parlor was not gonna be in business for seven full days.

But that didn't stop Hu Tao's advertising, when going up to friends of her own she'd add a little advertisement in her words.

7 hours later

"Heh, well Zhou, would you like to come to a little celebration party? Filled with lots of butterflies leading the way to the dead. If you come I'll give you a discount on our wood coffins, 50% Off!" Hu Tao chuckled.

"When's the date for the party? And why would I need a discount on coffins." Zhou looked in disgust and fear, in response Hu Tao let out a small laugh.

"Here is the paper! Remember to sign for the coffin discount." Hu Tao gave him her paper and was getting ready to leave and go tell Yanfei when Zhou decided to fire back.

"Going to Yanfei just to ask her to go to your party but not being able to ask her out, kind of weak of someone with such a big ego."

Hu Tao didn't reply, she blushed out of embarrassment and walked away, if only he didn't know that she liked Yanfei maybe some of the worries would be gone. But would it be there in the first place?

~.~

Yanfei was doing her job as normal, walking around helping the people of Liyue, buying groceries, and stopping fights until she saw a familiar figure, feeling the comedic aura of Hu Tao, Yanfei got excited but also a little stressed.

"What will I tell her? My pickup lines weren't good at all! Ahh, curse you Xiangling." Yanfei stressed, you could see it in her clueless expression.

Hu Tao was walking around asking people if they knew about Yanfei's current location, some would even go as far as ignoring her but it was kind of excepted. It wasn't a surprise that Hu Tao's business plans were a little unique and annoying for some uninterested customers.

But for some it was seen as amazing and special, one of those was Yanfei, work was just work and to become successful with it you needed to come up with hard and annoying ways to get the success you want. 'Nothing comes free'.

In Liyue when the business parlor started to get a little problematic for some easily annoyed customers a rumor was born. The rumor was that Hu Tao was possessed by a ghost and that the funeral had messed up her mind.

In the end, they had to confirm that the rumor was not true, so most believers of it died out, somewhere hidden in Liyue there might've been a couple of stubborn individuals that would still have this rumor true in their hearts.

Hu Tao found Yanfei, she ran up to her giving her a little hug, Yanfei was extremely shocked, but it wasn't actually a hug, it was just Hu Tao behind Yanfei giving her the invitation paper.

"Come if you want, it's up to you." Hu Tao winked slowly breaking character.

THATS THE end OF THE CHAOTERS EJEJJS SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE UPDATES.

Question of the day: Who is your fav YouTuber?
For now I think mines Ravon, ChadChad and Danny Gonzalez. (I like commentary).

Have a great day (unless you are shiyoruu )