Chapter 9: I don't wanna be your friend

"This was an interesting duo, to say the least, glad it worked out." Zhongli sipped on his tea.

"I agree, look at how they look at each other, it's like they got something going on." Madame ping laughed.

"Maybe they do, maybe they do," Zhongli repeated.

AFTER THE "MEETING"

"Yanfei, and Hu Tao. Might give you two more of these mysteries in the future, considering how fast you managed to solve this." Ningguang gave both of them a lot of mora.

"Thank you so much for the mora lady ningguang." Yanfei thanked Ningguang as she and Hu Tao walked away.

Hu Tao was amazed by the amount of mora, but for some reason, she didn't want any of it. It didn't feel like she deserved it.

Yanfei was confused, she was staring into Hu Tao's eyes when she suddenly returned to reality.

"I'm not sure I deserve any of the mora if I've got to be honest I mean you did all the work," Hu Tao sighed.

"And so did you! The only one who doesn't deserve any is that scum Zhou!" Yanfei laughed.

"Haha, he would probably die for the mora." Hu Tao chuckled.

"Yeah and that's why I have to give some to you." Yanfei jumped in front of her with her hands behind her.

"I mean all this Mora for myself, I wouldn't be able to use it all." Yanfei laughed in an attempt to convince Hu Tao.

"F-Fine." Hu Tao agreed, it was Yanfei's cute smile that convinced her.

"Plus we still have to show Lee Liyue's beauty at lantern rite! Oh, and we have to go thank doctor Baizhu for him taking care of Little Lee!" Yanfei smiled.

"Yeah, we can't forget that." Hu Tao let out a small chuckle.

"Oh and this is where our roads end! Top legal adviser Yanfei has to go now!" Yanfei waved goodbye.

"Goodbye friend, one day we will meet again but not for any good reasons." Hu Tao laughed.

~...~

Yanfei didn't like being called friend, for some reason, her heart had grown strongly attached to Hu Tao, everything about her felt so unique and lovely what was there not to love?

Ever since Yanfei first heard about Hu Tao she had adored her and how much she cared for her business. And she was flattered by the opportunity to work with the mischievous funeral parlor.

It felt weird knowing she liked Hu Tao, even though Yanfei was intelligent and that she could handle many different topics, love wasn't one of them.

But who was a good person to ask? Who was someone she would trust? Could it have been Madame Ping or maybe Yelan? Or possibly Zhou? She decided to ask Baizhu considering the fact that he was a doctor, maybe he could fix the stomach problems she would get whenever around Hu Tao.

little time skip to when she arrived at the Bubu pharmacy.

"Pink girl, hello, where is brown-haired girl?" Lee waved, he was inside next to Qiqi.

"She's at home resting, and I'm here to talk to Doctor Baizhu!"

"Why? Are you sick pink girl?" Lee questioned.

"I'm not sick it's just, another type of problem." Yanfei lied, well it wasn't really a lie but it wasn't a good explanation.

"If you are here because you have an appointment with doctor Baizhu then go to the door over there. I'm not gonna ask for papers. " The girl with a dead voice explained.

"Thank you!"

Yanfei walked into the room, it wasn't small but it wasn't big either. It had lots of jars with different medicine, it was organized which was nice.

Changsheng, Baizhu's pet snake made a little noise. Baizhu carefully patted the white snake and spoke.

"Yanfei, long time no see! Take a seat." Baizhu welcomed the pink-haired half-adepti.

"Hello, doctor Baizhu! Even though I haven't made a proper appointment I am still here since I need help, it is urgent.

"So tell me, what's the issue you've been dealing with Yanfei," Baizhu asked politely.

"How do I start, whenever I'm near this specific person I get sick! It probably is love but how do I know if it's love or if the person has a scary disease that's slowly killing me? Then I don't know which is why I came here." Yanfei didn't make much sense, she just said what was on her mind.

"Well, it's definitely not some disease." Baizhu chuckled.

Changsheng then got angry or disappointed which she normally was with the clients. She made a little sound 'ssss' to frighten Yanfei.

"What's so good about this person?" Baizhu asked.

"Well, sh-they are unique, determined, and funny. They almost always have a beautiful bright smile on them and they manage to make my mood better! I feel fuzzy and warm around h-them. My only problem is that I can't tell them I feel like this." Yanfei blushed she was as pink as her hair.

"I'm assuming it's a girl since you almost said it twice, well if you love this person so much I can see why it's hard to tell them. But a little tip is to tell them in private, where no one is around it might help you calm down." Baizhu gave her small tips.

"That's all you need, sss, go." Changsheng was annoyed since she didn't want another young patient that had love problems.

"Don't worry about her Yanfei you can stay if you have any further questions." Baizhu laughed, it had happened before.

"Oh it's okay I'm in a hurry anyway!" Yanfei ran out of the door waving goodbye to everyone near the Bubu pharmacy.

Now all Yanfei had left to do was practice confessing which felt extremely awkward.

~ p r a c t i c e ~

"Hey Hu Tao I like, no I love you! And I have ever since because I think you are really cute and admirable, everything you do feels perfect and- no that sounds cheesy." Yanfei interrupted herself.

"Hey baby girl, fourth base?" Doesn't even sound like anything a Liyue person would say.

"Do you know CPR? Because you just took my breath away? Eww who even made this up, she'd probably bury me in a coffin if I said this.

And so Yanfei continued practicing, correcting, and telling herself what and what not to do.

End of the chapter!!! Hope u enjoyeddddd!

Question for the day: What's your favourite food?

Mine is pasta with curry sauce, mozzarella cheese and chicken. That was very specific sorry.

Thanks for reading this chapter and bye!!!