Chapter 8: A mission success

"The lab experiment, 182 victims... you were a victim...?" Yanfei asked in shock, Lee nodded.

Hu Tao and Zhou were both shocked, even though they barely remembered about it.

"That happened, 102 years ago...you..." Yanfei looked at the poor child, that had experienced it all at such a young age.

She went in and hugged Lee, trying to cheer him up. She somehow felt guilty for his death, even though she had nothing to do with it.

"Y-Yanfei can I ask him something?" Hu Tao asked Yanfei, to which she replied with a yes.

"Lee, do you know what happened to the others?" Hu Tao asked and Yanfei looked slightly proud, that Hu Tao could come up with something good to ask.

"They, p-poured an l-liquid over my family, and the others t-too..." Lee stuttered.

Yanfei started thinking, while she was first studying to become a lawyer, a legal adviser mentioned this case.

What their punishments were? Life sentence with no interactions with anyone, terrible food, and much work. Well, it should've been more...

So the liquid was a thing able to kill ghosts, powerful and with much knowledge put into it, would make it a successful experimental potion.

"How did you manage to escape?" Yanfei asked, she didn't want to pressure the kid but felt a heavy rock in the back pressuring her to complete the mission.

"I was waiting in the line, many tried escaping but it always ended the same, the guards had guns with two different liquids made to kill and then remove their spirit. Then mother took me and ran, far, she hid me in her backpack and then threw it away, it hurt a lot." Lee explained, then continued...

•~• Lee backstory part 2 •~•

Before the young boy was to be executed his mother sacrificed herself and made a risk, putting her own son in her red backpack that she was to wear where ever she went.

The young boy was then lost, he felt pain at first but then it disappeared, it was like he couldn't feel anything anymore. He was able to walk but he didn't feel anything anymore...

he had died.

His mother saved him at a high cost, having to eliminate her son for his safety does not sound possible in any way, but it was.

He had died and lost his memories of the past, he was lost in the chasm, and he would talk to himself and rocks to make him feel something.

And there he sat for one hundred years, waiting for someone to save him.

                •~• End of Backstory •~•

"So that's what happened, and the other ghosts are what? If you can answer, no pressure." Yanfei wanted to make her final question something that could complete it all.

"Well, the screams we all hear are the ghosts in the line to be executed, some screaming while being executed. I could hear it... mothers scream sisters scream, fathers scream, everyone's pain, far away from me."

"Poor boy." Hu Tao thought to herself, she was gonna keep her promise to let him see the beauty of Liyue harbor.

"Did you write this?" Yanfei asked showing him the letter they found earlier on.

"I think I'm a ghost... hurry leave? Y-Yes I wrote that just in case someone would find me.

Yanfei went back into thinking, considering that Lee was a reliable source for the mission she was thinking about ending it here until...

"I can't see who you are talking to." Zhou reminded both which got Hu Tao to remember the story.

In the story about two main characters finding a ghost, the catch was that if two soulmates were together and one could interact with ghosts then the other would be able to do that too. No one else.

Hu Tao was in denial about the story being true, it was a myth that an author made into a ghost romance novel.

Hu Tao then started to remember more about the story, it was like she could hear her grandpa telling it to her, it was a bittersweet memory...

CHAPTER 21 (ghosts hide love)

"Esme are you sure? This could lead to problems... the people might suspect us using witchcraft which we don't."  Luna reminded.

"We have no choice dear, we have to, in this letter with clear words told us that if telling people in a crowd and showing them evidence it could reveal a ghost's identity," Esme argued.

"If you say so, love..." Luna responded.

_______________________________

And the story continued, but it was this part that Hu Tao would admire as a kid, them taking risks just to please others.

It inspired Hu Tao, would re-read to comfort herself this part and it would cheer her up.

And that's why the most memorable parts of the novel lived in her memory.

~•~

"There is a myth we can try!" Hu Tao suggested and Yanfei was interested in knowing what it was gonna about.

Hu Tao slowly explained trying not to miss any details. The myth summarizes that, if a ghost writes on a paper or proves in any other way that it exists in front of more than ten people it will be seen.

Yanfei wasn't sure at first but it was worth a shot. She explained to Lee what he was gonna need to do.

Lee thought of it at first he wasn't sure but later on, he agreed to it since it wasn't harmful at all I mean can you really hurt a ghost nowadays?

Zhou was exhausted from the nights in the chasm, so the visionless boy went to his home to get some rest. Yanfei and Hu tao invited a lot of people but tried their best not to make Lee feel pressured.

"Okay Lee, are you ready?" Yanfei asked to make sure.

"Yes, I am." The little boy confidentially said.

"Ladies and gentlemen! I and the Top Legal Adviser Hu Tao have come up with an answer, what are the screams that you can hear in the chasm? Well, we will explain that in a minute." Hu Tao laughed as she turned her head to Yanfei. Her scarlet eyes looked at Yanfei which gave her an idea of what to do.

"We have found a ghost from the incident and we are here to prove it!" Yanfei got the message.

Lee then wrote on a little piece of paper, "Hi!" and he became visible which shocked the audience.

Yanfei then explained all the clues they had found on the way, giving no credit to Zhou (so that the millelith wouldn't know that he wasn't working).

Hu Tao started into Yanfei's salmon pink hair and admired her intelligence, that was the girl Hu Tao wanted to kiss, that was the girl Hu Tao wanted to date...

THANKS FOR READIMG THIS CHAPTER BESTIESS!!!!!!!!! NEXT CHAPTER IN A WEEK MAYBEEE?!

question for the day: which character is the gayest?

Def Beidou for me