Chapter 5: A friend to help

The guy was stressed, he was barely breathing. Did Hu Tao trigger something or was he just scared, they didn't know but they wanted to help him?

"Hey uhh military guard guy, is there anything you need?" Yanfei asked in confusion.

"I'm just, worthless for this job. I was struggling to get a job and my parents suggested the military, why did they even do that? I'm scared of everything." He sighed.

"Well, come with us on our adventure and maybe something will happen." Hu Tao chuckled, she was also confused but still wanted to help the guy.

The guy was happy but still sad, he was thinking that he wasn't worthy to travel with two brave women, and also how he would ruin their lovely moment, which was a misunderstanding for now.

"I'm not sure I mean, it just feels like I would be ruining your honeymoon. Even though It's strange that you would waste your honeymoon in the ch-" The guy misunderstood which made Hu Tao's face another level pink.

"It's not like that! I promise, Uhh what's your name, strange man!" She screamed in embarrassment, but it was kind of on the right way to understanding.

So quick recap of Hu Tao's feelings. At first, she didn't realize it but more and more clues told her. But she said it was stupid and just ignored it. Then it became hard to speak to her again, and after that, she started to love Yanfei's voice more and more, which led to her feeling a strange attraction to Yanfei. It's complicated and seemed fast but for now, it's just a feeling she's not choosing to 100% believe in. Back to the story.

"What makes you think that, oh, and what's your name?" Yanfei asked as she remained calm, Hu Tao was shocked but it was another reason to admire her.

"I don't know you give a lot of tension, maybe I'm wrong but, yeah.. anyways my name is Zhou," Zhou answered, he didn't like his name but he didn't bother with it.

"TENSION? A LOT IS THIS GUY OKAY." Hu Tao screamed in her thoughts, her whole head turned pink in blush.

"Oh, a-and do you want to c-come with us to uhh the you know cave journey or whatever." Hu Tao stuttered, a woman that could go from confident into stuttering in some seconds was quite impressive, and it also gave lots of hints to Zhou that the two had some tension or at least one of them.

_SHORT YANFEI POV_
The guy Zhou said WHAT? Well I mean I do like and respect Hu Tao but is it really like that? Ok ok stay calm and pretend you are ok. Wait why is Hu Tao blushing over there, am I dreaming?
_END OF YANFEI POV_

The three walked towards another camp empty, there were no hilichurls there which was a bit of a shock but they weren't gonna let that slide easily so they continued to search for clues. Hu Tao found a hilichurl mask that was at the exact place as the other camp.

"Huh, have we been here Yanfei?" Hu Tao asked as she searched for ghosts to help.

"No, but it's strange how everything seems identical. Should we ask Lee? He might know." Yanfei asked as she picked up some of the hilichurl and Mitachurl stuff.

"Lee who's that?" Zhou asked when Yanfei and Hu Tao walked away.

"You'll see." Hu Tao winked.

They all walked towards the place Lee was before and he was standing there, looking a bit less soulless than usual which felt like a good sign. Yanfei and Hu Tao waved as they came and asked him about it. Zhou was being ignored and decided to be quiet... almost.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAVING AT? AIR? AM I THE ONLY SANE ONE?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs attracting miners who were working.

"Look maybe you are the one who is sick just leave us alone for one second and you'll see," Yanfei said when she took out the hilichurl mask to Lee.

"I have a question for you Lee, why is it that this hilichurl mask is at the same place as another hilichurl mask that had remained after I killed it? Oh and I'm sure that I did not just leave it there so don't ask that." Yanfei asked looking deep into Lee's eyes to capture his attention.

"I am not sure but I've heard about the mirror effect, the effect where two hilichurl camps with the same structure are just copy's of each other but at different places. You can draw on one of them and then have someone else check the other place to see if it is drawn there or something, this mirror effect has been here ever since it's just that you guys noticed it now." Lee explained as his face lit a bit more.

"Oh well, sorry to bother you Lee I'll make sure to check it, and thank you!" Hu Tao winked goodbye.

Now they needed a camp and lastly to check the mirror effect. So they went to a place more open than the last one.

"Okay two of us sleep four hours then change and continue until day okay?" Yanfei said.

They both agreed and they started with Hu Tao being awake which worked well since she was usually staying up at night to find some more clients.

Yanfei was six meters away from Zhou and they both clearly didn't want to sleep even close. Hu Tao then started thinking about business ideas until she got tired and asked Yanfei to change places.

"Oh ok." Yanfei yawned as they switched places.

Once again the same thing happened but this time Hu Tao was mumbling about getting more and more mora.

And lastly, it was Zhou's turn to change so Hu Tao and Yanfei were next to each other. Hu Tao was deep asleep as she went closer and closer to Yanfei, Yanfei noticed it and decided to hug her a bit. And Zhou was just standing there being a third wheel, how were they gonna be able to work together?

Omg, I completed it before kindergarten started hahah anyways hope you enjoyed.
Question for the day: What's your favorite subject?

Mine is uhh idk it depends anyways have a good day and bye.