Chapter 3: Kid of a hint

"Go ahead strange girl with a hat and pink girl." The boy with an emotionless face said.

"The names Hu tao and she is Yanfei!" Hu Tao chuckled looking for Yanfei's notebook.

Yanfei was slightly confused at first but then noticed Hu Tao's obvious body language, she gave Hu Tao a look that meant that she was going to start writing down the questions and answers.

"Let's start with the first question, why are you here?" Hu Tao started looking deep into the soulless kid, Lee.

The soulless kid has a beautiful blue shirt, but with a small hint of dirt on the right side, his pants were so too, but they were a darker shade of blue. A kid with such playful clothes having a soulless face and no hint of emotion, a unique ghost with a most likely tragic death in the middle of the chasm. Hu Tao was curious but didn't want to ask right away.

"I'm here because I... I can't find my way back." He stuttered while slowly tearing up but it was only his tears that acted on his emotionless face remained...

Instead of writing down the answer Yanfei went in and hugged the crying ghost, dropping the notebook into the dirty ground. She felt terribly bad, the kid's tears fell down into the deep floor with small bits of grass here and there, his face though didn't change at all.

"It's okay if you don't wanna answer, don't force yourself, Lee," Hu Tao awkwardly stood there trying to make the kid cheer up when it hit her. Why was Yanfei so calm interacting with a literal ghost?

Maybe since she was a half adeptus she had seen worse. But she wasn't sure, she tried thinking of a story her first customer, tragically her grandfather had told her when she was younger.

Hu Tao pov:

The story about the fake human? In the one where two boys went together into the unknown forest, halfway the other boy died but stayed as a ghost by his side. At the end where he is gone, no not that one.

In the one where a wholesome duo goes to find a ghost, as they face many challenges they find a book, written by the gods of the sky saying 'Now that the journey of finding the ghosts has come to an end I write here and say that the ghost you were to find was there hiding, if you came as two, the chance of one not being able to see ghosts is high. If one of you can then the chance of the two being soulmates is high, thus this is where I end this talk I know your journey of many other things than ghosts shall not come to an end, goodbye and good luck dear adventures friends."

The note was a bit old and the grammar a bit bad but the two understood it clearly. The story continues after that, that seemed like something that could be me and Yanfei but no no, we barely know each other, well not really but I doubt that's true, well there is always a possibility I guess.

Narrator pov:

Hu Tao was thinking about it but she just ended up being flustered and blushing intensely. Meanwhile, Yanfei asked the second question.

"Are there any other ghosts here? And why has the chasm changed so much, I don't remember there being suspicious statues and drawings." Yanfei asked writing down in her notebook.

"I don't know, one day I couldn't see, hear or do anything I thought that one of the investigators had put salt on me and that it was the end but the next day was like usual. I started at the empty rocks for the whole day and continue." Lee explained being just as confused as Hu Tao and Yanfei.

Yanfei wrote down his answer under the question of giving Hu Tao eye contact which explained to Hu Tao that she should tell Lee to continue, which was exactly what she did.

"Oh there might be ghosts here but I am not sure, I've been here looking at the rocks around me," He once again explained.

Hu Tao and Yanfei had by then realized that Lee wasn't enough, even though they gathered much information and theories they needed more. But they didn't want to leave Lee all alone either. So Yanfei went up to him and promised them to return to let him see Liyue harbor and more, even though no one could see him because he was a ghost.

Lee just looked at them, he didn't really believe them because of past experiences he didn't want to trust anyone, never again.

Hu Tao and Yanfei made their leave and continued their journey to find out what had happened to the chasm. They walked for about twenty minutes when Hu Tao started yawning.

"I'm so, tired." She yawned leaning her head towards Yanfei's shoulder.

"We haven't done anyone but I feel the same, maybe we should just find a place to take a sweet nap you know," Yanfei pushed Hu Tao's weak head away from Yanfei's shoulder.

They went to a hole that lead to a place where they could sleep overnight, Yanfei made a fire and cooked some food meanwhile Hu Tao was looking around.

"Oo! Look at this pencil, I wanna draw something with it... hmm." Hu Tao thought to herself while drawing a bard getting hit by a meteor. Yanfei noticed this but then got reminded about the Bard who tried to ruin the opera concert so she just let it go.

Hu Tao thought she had found a cool thing but it was actually just one of the ten spare pencils Yanfei has brought.

Yanfei came with some grilled fish and they ate together talking about various things, they were too tired to even think about the experience today. After just some time the two fell asleep, they knew that they should try to be careful but who can really do that when asleep?

Thanks for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed it.
Question for the day: What's your dream banner (a banner with all characters you want. Three four stars one five star.)
Mine probably is Al haitham, Heizou, Dori and Barbara bc I need dps Barbara cons.

Have a good day (happy birthday shiyoruu ) and bye!!