Chapter 7: Seperation

It won't become angst just bc the name is separation btw.

"Huh? L-Lee?!? How long have you been here?" Yanfei asked, she didn't know that he ever would change location.

Lee didn't reply and just sighed, he walked towards the rock near one of the hilichurl masks.

He grabbed the rock and wiped some dirt off with his hand, he had wanted to do this before but he couldn't because he was scared.

"Look, it says something here, SSELESE... what does that mean?" Lee asked Yanfei who was still shocked to see him back.

"Try reversing it," Yanfei suggested, and so that's what he did, he reversed the letters and it now said USELESS.

Lee went quiet, as if he saw something, far far away, he ran leaving Yanfei behind, Yanfei then wrote on the ground, not in danger, just gonna check something.

What did Hu Tao and Zhou do in the meantime?

"THE ROCK IT DISAPPEARED!! YANFEI IS GOING TO DIE!!" Hu Tao shouted.

"No, she probably just grabbed it." Zhou sighed.

"LOOK! SHE WROTE SOMETHING!" Hu Tao shouted once again, they both read it and decided to go sit. They weren't gonna have to help for some time...

"Huh, she's not in danger. Told ya!" He chuckled, and so another argument started.

"YOU LIKE KISSING GAY MEN!!" She shouted at him.

•~ back to Yanfei ~•

Yanfei had continued running after Lee, she felt lost but had priorities.

Lee then suddenly stopped, it was near a giant rock, with a little shelter...

"O-Old h-hideout." Lee breathlessly tried making words.

Yanfei patted him on the shoulder, trying to walk through the rocks that hurt her leg, and she was stumbling.

Lee didn't listen, he knew she wouldn't find anything without his help...

•~• Lee pov •~•

I don't remember much from my own past, if anything I barely remember anything. But I can remember some stuff...

I saw the pink-haired girl go inside the cave, she was stumbling through the rocks. I slowly followed her footsteps.

After that she noticed I was behind her, I could sense it, she didn't say anything though.

I decided to go in front of her, there was a puzzle... it was a kid's puzzle, I wondered why it was there and I solved it. I used to love puzzles back when I was still a living human, how I died is still a mystery to me.

"Pink girl, do you mind touching those rocks up there," I asked and she did as I told.

The door opened, it was hiding in the rock, but there must've been a reason why it went so smoothly, was I related to this in any way?

We came inside and then searched looking around all the dirty old cups and papers.

•~• End of Lee pov (we will be right back) •~•

Your best bud narrator pov:

Somehow someway their argument turned into violence, it wasn't serious though. Hu Tao ran away, she ran so far that she got lost.

"Good job." He teased looking into her face, it was filled with anger.

They continued walking around, even though they had no idea where they were on the map.

They saw a Little Rock and pushed it away, which was a bad idea. Hu Tao quickly pushed the Little Rock away with her leg, leading to finding a secret door. It was on the ground and she opened it out of curiosity.

It was a hideout, filled with pictures and plans, it seemed old as if it was ancient.

"Let me see, huh this can't be more than a hundred years old." Zhou sighed.

Hu Tao wasn't even thinking about business, she was thinking of why and how so many people had come to the chasm.

They searched through the lost pictures and found one with a family, it was a mother laughing, but it seemed like an act. A dad with a straight face, yet still remaining the worried aura, and in the middle a little boy who had just cried, his eyes were red, yet he still forced a small smile. It was Lee.

"Is this the ghost boy you two were talking to? The fact that I couldn't see him reminds me of an old story." Zhou laughed in nostalgia.

"I know what you are talking about, I'm just doubting it. I am fighting not to love Yanfei." Hu Tao sighed fighting back the tears, it hurt in her stomach. (They are talking about the soulmate ghost story, where only your true soulmate can see the ghosts than you can.)

"Well, she isn't fighting at all." Zhou hinted at Yanfei's feelings for Hu Tao.

"H-Huh?" Hu Tao's eyes sparkled in hope.

WITH YANFEI AND LEE

Lee and Yanfei found a couple of old photos and then walked into the other cave, where they heard a familiar voice. It was Hu Tao and Zhou's voices. She felt warm hearing Hu Tao's voice but was also concerned as to why they were there.

Lee rushed to the other side where Hu Tao and Zhou were, and took the picture from Hu Tao's hand and that was when he remembered, he remembered everything.

-B A C K S T O R Y  O F  L E E-

On a dark night, while Lee was sleeping, they came. The workers of a secret lab... kidnapping multiple people just for a dumb little experiment.

"You, number 32, go to the kid-family section." One of the workers in the experimental lab demanded.

Lee was hungry, this experiment to see if humans could live longer in the chasm than in the harbor without food was killing him...

"Lee smile for the picture!" His mother smiled, she wasn't happy but if the experiment went okay then maybe Lee could come out alive...

"We can't escape! It's too risky!" His father yelled at his mother.

"We have to take the risk! Lee will die if we don't!" His mother yelled back.

NUMBER 32, AND NUMBER 89 YOU! DONT YOU DARE RUN AWAY!

"MOM!! MOM!!" Lee would cry in his final moments, before getting executed...

The memories were flooding through Lee's little brain, the parts were small but they explained much...

~•~ The end of backstory ~•~

"Lee! Are you okay, you almost fainted-" Yanfei quickly asked if he was okay, and instead of letting her finish he hugged her.

"Lab experiment, the 182 victims..." Lee cried as the tears flooded out of his eyes.

"Wait... you.."

END OF THE CHAPTER

anyways I hope you enjoyed and next chapter will be the final (I'll add a bonus chapter I guess).

Question for the day: You ask me questions 🙋‍♀️.

Thank you for reading and bye!!