"I was not in the condition to analyze the possibilities at that time, Arnavji. I was stressed..." she gulped down chocking.

Arnav came to her and sat next to her.

"I'm sorry, Arnavji"

"Sh... I just..."

Khushi leaned on his chest. Arnav circled her in his arms.

"I'm sorry Arnavji... I thought you were the reason for my suffering but it's wrong. I'm the reason for all my sufferings... sole reason"

"Leave it..."

"No Arnavji, I should not have hidden the truth from you about Anu. I should have told you about her love affair"

"Why didn't you think of sharing it with me, Khushi?"

"I wanted to tell you about her love issue. But she wanted to tell you at the right time. So, she got my promise not to tell you about her love affair. It happened before our wedding. On our first night, I got to know you want me to be true to you. it made me agitated. I pleaded with Anu again. she asked me to wait until our graduation was completed"

"Who was he?"

"Abhishek. He was Anu's school friend. I saw him one or two times but I didn't get a chance to converse with him. he looked smart and handsome. Anu talked a lot about his LOOK. honestly, speaking, no one would have believed that he could be a cheater. He was a soft-spoken guy. His voice sounded sweet. Those were the factors that made Anu fall for him hard. She never got suspicious of him"

"Actually, what happened between you two before her death?"

"That day I went to the hospital as I skipped my periods...

Flashback

Khushi counted the dates as her periods missed that month. She decided to go to the hospital to confirm whether she was pregnant or not. She wanted to surprise Arnav with the result. So, she decided to go to the hospital without his knowledge. She got ready and came out after Arnav went to AR. She came out and saw Anu also fully prepared.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Shhh.... Don't shout" Anu said.

"Why?" she asked secretly.

"Going to meet Abhishek"

"You said he went to Kolkata for some business deal?"

"He came back to Delhi today morning"

"Did he call you?"

"No... our classmate Riya told me that she saw him at his home"

"You are lucky to have a friend who is your boyfriend's neighbor"

"She is not my friend but classmate... my only friend is YOU," Anu said.

Khushi smiled pleasantly.

"Meet him and spoke about meeting Arnavji *cut and right*. I feel very guilty to hide the truth from Arnavji. He wanted only one thing from me and that's loyalty"

"I'm really sorry, Khushi. Because of me, you are suffocating"

"That's ok... but please finish this issue"

"Maybe, today itself"

"That's great" Khushi hugged Anu and kissed her cheek.

"By the way, where are you going?" Anu asked.

"It's suspense... I will tell you after coming back"

"Anything special?"

"Maybe..."

"Oh..."

"Will be waiting"

Khushi went to the hospital and Anu went to meet Abhishek.

Khushi was asked to wait for the result. She waited to get the result. She used her mobile for a while and got bored. So, she thought to call Anu. She might have met Abhishek as of now. So, she dialed Anu. At the same time, she was called for the result. She went to the reception, keeping her phone on her ear. She opened the result excitedly and became super happy as the result was positive. The call was attended. Her facial expression changed when she heard Anu's voice.

"Hello..." she choked. It was damn sure she was crying.

"Anu... Anu baby what happened? Why are you crying?" Khushi asked panicking.

"Khushi... he cheated on me"

"Who? Abhishek?"

"Yes... he... didn't love me truly..."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw him with another girl. It seems it's common for him to have girls on his bed" she cried.

Khushi gulped down hard. What did she mean?

"Anu, you are frightening me... did you...?"

Anu cried silently.

"Anu... where are you now?"

"Just back home"

"Relax... I'm coming home... will be there in a few minutes..."

"Khushi, I don't like to be alive..."

"Shut up... I will kill you if you talk anything rubbish... Khushi is there for you..."

"I'm sorry for not listening to you. I should have told Bhai about him. Then everything would have been changed. Bhai would have found out everything about him... I had done wrong Khushi"

"Listen... just leave the past. Don't think anything that didn't happen. Just think about our future"

"I have no future, Khushi. I'm a failure..."

"No... don't you dare talk like that. You are a sister of Arnav Singh Raizada... a lioness... He won't tolerate it if he gets to know that you lost your hope"

"I made him bow down, Khushi"

"Don't think so, baby. Listen, I have very good news for you. I have not even told Arnavji about it yet because I wanted to surprise him. But now, I would like to tell you that"

Anu was silent.

"You are going to be a Buva..."

"Is it? is it true?" Khushi sensed happiness in her tone.

"Promise... You know very well that I won't lie to you. right?"

"Haan..."

"Don't you want to see your brother's daughter? Won't you be helpful for me to raise your niece? Won't you play with my daughter?"

Anu cried.

"It's my baby promise... you should not make any dreadful decision. Please listen to me. I can't face Arnavji ever after that... he will get angry with me for hiding the truth about you... please, think about us... we are here for you... please don't spoil our lives Anu"

"No, Khushi... I won't make any dreadful decision. I know you and Bhai will be there for me. And now, a little cutie pie also going to arrive in our family. That's enough for me."

"Shall I trust you?"

"After making a promise to your baby, how could I think of leaving the world? I missed being a good sister... but will be a good Buva to my brother's daughter. it's my promise"

Khushi sighed in relief. When she came home, Arnav also entered the home at the same time. So, she went to their room with Arnav, without no choice. Arnav went to his room to get fresh. Khushi saw his wallet on the table. Khushi kept the pregnancy test result under his wallet smiling. When Arnav came out of the washroom, Radhika shouted for Arnav.

"Arnav beta... come here... see, what Anu had done"

Arnav and Khushi rushed to Anu's room and saw her lifeless body.

Flashback End

To be continued...