Chapter 12 • Best Friends

Start from the beginning

- Calum's POV -

"You almost got it Eva, try one more time!", I shout from the shore line.

"You know, I really don't think I'll go pro any time soon, plus its almost sunset, face it, this was a lost cause!", she shouts back at me.

"I really think this next time you'll get it, trust me, just bend your knees a bit more when you're riding the wave!", I try to encourage her.

"Fine, one more time but after that I'm done!", she exclaims.

I watch her swim out further into the water, waiting for the perfect wave. She sees a big one coming, starts swimming towards it, then gets up on the board at the perfect time.

"That's it! Bend your knees...now ride the wave! Yes! You got it!", I shout.

I hear the rest of the group yell in excitement.

"I'm doing it!", she shouts. The excited and happy look on her face is priceless. She finishes riding the wave and jumps back into the water after it dies down.

I cant help but run to her and grab her by the waist and pull her into a tight hug.

"You did it!", I say, still hugging her.

"Thank you! I never thought I'd be able to do that!", she says hugging me tighter.

I pull away to look at her. I loved seeing her this happy. I loved knowing that I was a direct influence to why she was so happy in this moment. I can feel our faces getting closer, like magnets who needed to connect. I needed to kiss her.

I snap back to reality when I notice everyone else come into the water to join in on the celebration. We pull away from each other and turn to the others.

- Evas's POV -

"Nice job Eva, you got me beat, I've lived here for years and have yet to fully stand up on a board!", says Crystal, holding out her hand for a high five.

"Thank you, thank you!", I say high five-ing her. 

"Well at least you have something to fall back on if this music thing doesn't work out, eh Cal?", Michael jokes.

"Luke said it best, I am a surf champion.", Calum jokes back.

"Sunset's about to come, you guys wanna help me start a fire?", Luke asks the other boys.

"Yeah, gotta make sure you don't start a forest fire or something.", Ashton jokes.

The boys head back over to the sand and goof around while trying to start a fire. Crystal and Sierra decided to stay with me in the water. The waves died down quickly so we each were sat on a surf board and talked about anything and everything for what felt like hours, in reality it was probably only like 30-45 minutes, but they were so easy to talk to it felt like forever.

***

"So since were on the topic of love lives..", Crystal smirks.

"Oh boy..", I laugh.

"What's going on with you? Single? Boyfriend? Any potentials?", she questions.

"Nope. To be honest, I haven't been in a relationship in years and I'm fine with that for now. Most of the guys in New York City are...questionable. Plus now it's even harder cause I'm working so much, not that I mind working a lot, I like being busy. ", I reply.

"So what about Calum? You guys seem to have a lot of chemistry.", she blurts out.

"Crystaal", Sierra nudges Crystal, shocked that she would ask that question so bluntly. They were all thinking it, but no-one thought someone would actually say it out loud.