Chapter 9 • Greenlight

- Calum's POV -

After I changed into hiking clothes, I got Duke ready in his harness and we waited for Eva on the couch. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs a few minutes later. I turned around to Eva wearing an oversized tshirt and spandex shorts that hugged her curves in the best way. I always knew she was beautiful but I didn't realize just how sexy she was till this moment. She was making it so hard for me to not want her.

"Wow-", I choked. "You ready?", I mumbled out.

"I had to settle for clothes I normally sleep in..", she laughed. "I wasn't really planning on working out this trip.", she added.

"Eh, you're fine. The place we're going it's probably gonna be hot so you're dressed perfectly actually.", I said.

"And where would that be?", she asked.

"It's a secret, it's my favorite spot in the city.", I said with a smirk.

"Oh wow, I'm honored.", she said sarcastically.

I let out a small laugh and led her to the door. We got in my car and I started driving.

"You want aux?" I asked.

"Not unless you're fine with listening to your own music.", she laughed.

"Hey, we rock, so it's fine, but let me put you on to some other music you might like.", I said with a smile. I put on my favorite song at the moment "My My My!" by Troye Sivan.

She started laughing. "As if I don't know this song already!", she said then started singing along.

We both sang along to my shuffled playlist all the way to the spot we were going to start our hike on. I was shocked that we had a really similar music taste, but it honestly made me like her even more.

Like. Hm, that's a strong word..is that even the right word for what I'm feeling? I don't even know what I feel.., I thought to myself. In the few minutes I was thinking to myself, I realize there was a long awkward silence.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?", she asked.

"Oh, uh, nothing..", I stuttered, trying to think of an excuse to give her. "..just thinking about how much you'll love the view from the top of the mountain." I said with a smile.

"I'm sure it's beautiful.", she said.

We finally got to the bottom of the mountain, parked, and started walking towards the start of the trail.

- Eva's POV -

"You wanna walk him?", asked Calum.

"Yes pleaseee!", I whined. He handed me over the leash as we continued up the path.

"You're really good with him, he's usually picky with people..even bit Ash the first time they met.", he said laughing.

"Wow, I'm honored Duke, thanks for liking me!", I said in Duke's direction. "Apartment buildings are pretty strict in New York so I've never been able to have a dog but I absolutely love them.", I added.

***

We continued walking through the trail, side by side, talking about everything; the past, the present, what we hoped the future would bring for both of our careers. I felt like I was getting to know Calum on a whole new level, something more than business associates or even friends, but I was probably stupid to think he felt anything more.

It seemed like he was going through a rough time, he probably didn't want to talk about it because to him, I was just another fan, but, I had hoped he'd trust me enough some day to talk to me about how he was feeling. Part of me wanted nothing more than to make sure he felt safe. I knew I needed to stop feeling what I was feeling, but it was becoming increasingly hard the more I got to know Calum.