Sofia smiled flirtatiously and moved forward, placing a hand on his shoulder. She made sure their faces were just close enough before whispering, "Adorable."

Derek watched as she dropped her hand and spun around to help with the plan. He shook his head slightly in disbelief with the smallest of smiles, not sure how his life came to this.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After an hour of planning possible outcomes for their night, the group spread throughout the warehouse. Sofia stood near one of the doors, facing Scott and Braeden. Argent, Derek, and the others weren't far.

Suddenly a small rattle came and Sofia was the first to notice the smoke bombs, "Get back!"

Sofia darted for the wall Argent was behind. She wouldn't make it in time but luckily Scott yanked her to the floor along with Braeden.

A bunch of men in bullet proof vests and helmets burst through the doors, guns blazing. Shots were being continuously fired left and right.

Sofia rolled behind one of the pillars and was able to stand safely. She fixed her and gun and reached around the stone pillar to try and aim.

Eventually, more men infiltrated the building and everyone spread further around. Sofia turned a corner to find two of the hunters cornering a young boy.

She quickly released a large energy wave forward, sending them both flying into the wall. She directed the frequency into the roof, making a few large pieces of stone fall. Sofia pushed the boy behind them in the corner, "Stay here."

The two armed men found their balance. The shorter one on the left swung his weapon at the girl. Sofia caught the large gun and slammed it backwards into his head.

As the man fell, she reached her arm out to hold the taller one in place with a continuous flow of her vibration waves. Sofia didn't hesitate to stomp down on the shorter ones wrist as he lay below her. A yell sounded after the crack.

Suddenly a shot was fired from behind her directly into the man against the wall. Sofia turned to see Derek holding one of her guns.

She gave him a nod of appreciation before moving out of the area. Sofia found another hunter with his back turned.

She placed the man in a chokehold-like position. Leaning his head back, Sofia applied the same vibratory pressure against his skull that she had done with Haigh's arm.

Another shot sounded near the girl, this time much closer. The man rest weakly in her arms as she dropped the frequency. It took her a moment to feel the sudden pain.

Sofia looked down at her stomach, finding two growing blood stains. She looked back up at the man standing before her.

It only took a second for Sofia's anger to grow. She twisted the hunters head, successfully snapping his neck. As his body fell, Sofia's knees buckled.

Within a moment, she was on the floor. Sofia felt her lips quiver as she tried to reach a hand to cover the wounds. She had felt the pain of a bullet before, it was part of her training. This time, something felt off. Sofia had never felt pain like this.

In her disoriented moment, Sofia hadn't noticed the shadow approaching. She turned her head and spotted the large man stalking her like some sort of prey. He stared menacingly at the injured girl.

Just as his gun was raised, a blade went through his stomach. The bulky man dropped like a bag of rocks, revealing a stranger.

Sofia tried her best to see the strange man that had saved her. Her vision became blurrier by the second. The older unknown man crouched over the girl as her consciousness passed away.

The fighting had ceased moments later, everyone trying to regroup. Derek was the first to notice the lacking presence. He turned to Braeden, "Where's Sofia?"

Braeden looked around, noticing her disappearance, "I thought she was with you."

Derek walked away from the group in search of the girl who filled his thoughts. He called her name out a few times. No response.

Finally he came across an older gentleman bent over a body. Derek raised his gun, "It's over."

The man slowly turned with his hands raised, "Please, I mean no harm. We must get help."

Derek's face contorted in confusion. His eyes finally fell to the body on the floor. The gun in his hands clattered to the floor. He was quick to bend to his knees and reach for her unconscious body.

"Sofia?"

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

heh...heyyy

well this is the end of sofia's story!
i hope you guys all enjoyed it!!

jk i won't do that to y'all
... yet

make sure you read ch35 before! i
published it ab an hour ago

thanks for reading!
hope you enjoyed <33